This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join a rapidly growing organization. The company is and will be experiencing tremendous growth over the next 5 years, and we are looking for talented individuals who are looking to make an impact.
The Welding Engineer is a specialized position focusing on weld applications both current jobs and new part applications for both: current part and new part launches. Therefore, this requires the ability to plan new applications including process setup, equipment specification and acquisition and process development. Skills in troubleshooting, problem solving, corrective and preventive action planning and implementation are required. Design skills are highly desirable.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Work with Project Engineers on new projects. Follow new welding equipment build process.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to existing equipment/processes.
- Define new welding processes as required, develop automation concepts, develop fixture designs, prepare specification for required equipment, obtain competitive price quotations, prepare purchase justification, purchase equipment, complete work cell layouts, and install and debug process.
- Prepare process documentation and PM procedures. Train personnel in proper cell operation and maintenance. Participate in the establishment of PM programs and training personnel in the execution of PM requirements.
- Follow-up on the performance of weld applications and institute corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform continuous improvement projects on the shop floor to achieve desired results.
- Perform effectively on AQP and Continuous Improvement Teams to complete Team assignments and achieve expected results.
- Provide verification data necessary to demonstrate the success of each project against criteria specified in the cost justification.
- Develop and implement training programs in welding technology for internal use.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 4-year technical degree (preferably in Welding Technology). A strong background in MIG welding is preferred.
- Must be self-starter with initiative and follow-up skills.
- Must have shop floor experience and willing to work with the manufacturing personnel to achieve process establishment and improvement.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills and be able to fully document the process.
Anchor Manufacturing Group, Inc. is a mid-sized family owned manufacturer of metal stampings and welded assemblies. While the company has grown, it is still founded on five core values: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, and Problem Solving. We are currently experiencing TREMENDOUS growth, and are seeking several talented individuals to become part of our team. Anchor is an nine time recipient of the NorthCoast 99 Award, making Anchor one of the top companies to work for in Northeast Ohio. The company has also been named one of the Top 100 Workplaces to work for in Northeast Ohio according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
We offer a rich Health Insurance Program, Prescription, Dental, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance. A comprehensive Wellness Program is available and participation is encouraged. Anchor also offers a 401K program, with a company match. We believe strongly in the development of our employees, therefore a Tuition Assistance Program is available.
Apply in person or send resume to: ANCHOR MANUFACTURING GROUP, INC 12200 Brookpark Road Cleveland, Ohio 44130