about 1 month ago
VR Engineer- Austin, Tx
The responsibilities of this position include engineering and technical management of Dell client Virtual Reality (VR) solutions. This role resides in the graphics engineering team which is part of the Dell Client Engineering organization. This department is responsible for the engineering development and sustaining of all integrated and add-in graphics solutions related technologies.
* Partners with Dell internal platform and graphics development engineering teams to manage VR solutions that are driven by a multitude of graphics engines.
* Leads/guides VR technology provider relationships with a Dell engineering view, and work/guides ODM partners on debug and resolution of hardware, software, and firmware issues with VR solutions.
* Ownership of VR certification across mobile and tower platforms including both vendor certification, 3rd party certification, and self-certification if needed
* Works with multiple internal teams including product quality, platform engineering, product marketing, program management, regulatory engineering, and other teams to triage, debug, and resolve issues.
* Support the commodity-level internal core teams with product issue management and resolution and engineering guidance on issue triage and program schedule.
* Manage resources at external suppliers including Oculus, HTC, and platform ODM partners to facilitate debug and resolution of issues and ensure timely certification across multiple platforms and lines of business.
* Provide subject matter expertise to cross-functional teams on VR HMDs, graphics controllers, related drivers & firmware, and OS application interaction with graphics & VR devices.
* Proactive attitude to issue resolution and engagement with peer and global teams to quickly resolve issues.
* Aggressive management of suppliers and technology partners to drive for quick resolution to customer issues.
* Understanding of and familiarity with the ODM development model.
* Self-starter mentality, able to quickly recognize and triage issues.
* Maniacal focus on end customer experience and customer satisfaction.
* Engineering/Computer Science degree, preference for depth of knowledge in electrical or computer engineering.
* Preference for experience or knowledge in areas of VR, HMDs, and graphics controllers/solutions
With more than 100,000 team members globally, wepromote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in whichthe company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving ourcommunities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations.The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energyconservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovationand believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
* Life atDell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion fortechnology.
* When wesee something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
* Ourpeople demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningfulrelationships.
* Weinvest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursuea career that fulfills their potential.
* Ourteam members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them fortheir hard work.
Dell isan Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment ofAny Kind: Dell is committed to the principleof equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employeeswith a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employmentdecisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individualqualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national,social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental orsensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/orexpression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past orpresent military service, family medical history or genetic information, familyor parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations inthe locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination orharassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants ofall ages
"LIAM1" "DCAM1""MOAM1" "CBAM1"
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close