3 months ago
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and diesel engines as assigned by Maintenance Manager or Head Mechanic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and diesel engines as assigned.
* Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts, and complete tasks as assigned.
* Weld and use cutting torch as required.
* Perform general repairs to plant structures.
* Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
* Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with head mechanic for approval and repair as needed.
* Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards.
* Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning.
* Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble.
* Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools. Replace and install parts as needed.
* Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation.
* Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
High School diploma, GED or equivalent in training, education, or experience.
Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience.
Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential.
Skilled in use of hand and power tools.
Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry or related field preferred.
Must have ability to lift tools, machinery parts, and other objects weighing up to 60-80 pounds each.
Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping, and reaching throughout shift.
Standing for extended periods of time throughout shift.
Able to work under extreme conditions, such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust, and dirt.
US Concrete is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close