Job Title: Voice Engineer
Business Unit: Professional Services
Reports to: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position leads IP telephony and network deployment projects based on industry best practices. Requirements also include providing network-engineering solutions and support for the organization by performing the duties listed below
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Professional Services group to identify technical requirements of current and future Unified Collaboration and networking technologies for deployment
- Implement & support unified communications and network solutions based on industry best practices
- Development of unified communication and network strategies and architectures
- Performing network readiness and current state telephony and network assessments
- Develop unified communications and network designs based on the latest Cisco advanced technologies
- Develop detailed documentation of deployed systems
- Provide quality assurance documentation review and peer review on projects
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with clients, prospective clients and other staff members including working closely with Project Manager
- Participate in project planning and design work sessions as needed
- Provide timely updates on project status and adhere to project schedule as defined by the Project Manager
- Maintain department approved training, mentoring, and certification per company standards.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in configuration (including build from scratch) and administration of Cisco's Unified Collaboration applications including but not limited to: Communications Manager 6.x - 9.x, Cisco Unity (Legacy), Unity Connection 6.x - 9.x, Cisco Unified Presence 7.x - 8.x, Cisco IM & Presence, Cisco Contact Center Express 7.x - 9.x, Cisco Meeting Place Express (Legacy), Cisco Meeting Place 8.x and Enterprise Licensing Manager
- Experience in the following voice gateway technologies: H323, SIP, MGCP, Cube
- Experience in configuration (including build from scratch) and administration of Cisco's Call Manager Express, Unity Express, UC5XX series network appliances
- WAN and LAN QOS experience
- Experience in configuration (including build from scratch) and administration of Cisco's Catalyst switch platform, Cisco routers and Cisco UCS as it pertains to Unified Communications & Collaboration
- Cisco CCNA Voice required
- Additional certifications (i.e. CCDA, CCNP Voice, CCIE) preferred
- Experience in configuration and operation of Cisco's TelePresence including: VCS (Expressway & Control), endpoints and configuring intercommunication with Cisco's Unified Collaboration System
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in unified communications and network environments, including engineering (hardware and software), security practices, design, planning and implementation of LANs and WANs
Communication and Reasoning Skills
- Must be able to communicate professionally to clients and management both verbally and in writing
- Must be willing to work in a strong team environment
- Must be able to work independently and complete work within specified deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analysis and organizational skills are imperative with demonstrated capability for problem determination and resolution
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and properly prioritize client issues and needs
- Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive, customer-focused attitude are imperative
- Strong aptitude and the ability to pick up new technologies quickly, adapting to the changing market
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and use hands to type and operate a computer and mouse. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, bend and twist neck. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee is required to have a valid driver's license and be capable of driving long distances. Employee may be required to use their personal vehicle for business purposes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend most of their time in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can occasionally be loud. The employee will be exposed to other work environments as needed based on project work at client sites. On occasion, the employee may be required to travel outside the typical i-Tech service area.
The employee will be required to work non-standard business hours from time to time for scheduled project or support work. In addition, the employee will have ability to volunteer for on-call rotation to support non-business hour clients. Management reserves the right to assign on-call rotation if needed.
i-Tech is a unique team of business and technology professionals who are OBSESSED with excellent service, honesty, ethics and quality.
We work with mid-sized organizations as a true technology PARTNER. Our combination of business expertise (our principals are accountants), extreme professionalism and a broad, but deep technical knowledge base allows us to focus on business RESULTS through technology.
i-Tech is a Acumatica Gold Partner, Microsoft Certified SILVER Partner, and a Cisco Premier Partner specializing in Advanced Unified Communications, Route/Switch, Wireless and Cyber Security. We have over 125 years of combined experience on staff. We possess the skills, experience and industry partnerships to be a true Total Technology Support partner to our clients.
Our full suite of products and services includes: Managed Services, Help Desk, Technology Planning, LAN/WAN Design and Deployment, Cisco Unified Communications Solutions / IP Telephony, Cisco Routing and Switching, Cisco Security, Wireless, Citrix and Microsoft Terminal Server Thin-Client Computing, Microsoft BackOffice Server Solutions, Security and Disaster Planning, Storage Area Networking, PC and Network Support, Internet/VPN Technologies, Certified Network Cabling, Proactive Support, 24X7 Monitoring and Value-Added Training.