about 1 month ago
The Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment
* Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery
* Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues
* Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists
* Move company equipment safely on yard as needed
* Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles
* Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts.
* Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment.
* Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools
* Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Mechanics with welding skills may fabricate shields, attachments, and brackets
* Must have own tools
* 3+ years' experience with heavy-duty trucks and equipment
* Read and understand technical blueprints is required
* Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
* Experience operating heavy equipment is a plus
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
* Competitive annual salary (CBPP Competency Based Pay Program)
* Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
* Health, Dental and Life Insurance
* 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
* Company paid certifications, licenses and training
To learn more about our company visit us at
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close