about 1 month ago
Our Texas Region is currently seeking a dedicated, detail oriented VDC Engineer. The VDC Engineer works directly with project teams, during both preconstruction and construction phases of the project, providing a wide range of VDC services directly to our project teams under the guidance of the Regional VDC Manager.
* Assist Concrete Estimators and Structural Superintendents to create detailed Structural models and drawings based on Construction Documents and Specifications, including assisting with identifying design change challenges early in the process.
* Assist project teams in setting up and executing MEP Clash Detection on projects through the use of Navisworks Manage.
* Perform clash detection with multiple systems in a proactive manner to ensure documents are coordinated.
* Transform initial rough architectural designs into 3D models for visualization use during project pursuits and preconstruction to aid in the identification of constructability and logistical challenges.
* Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM
* Evaluate new BIM related software and technologies
* Stay informed on best practices for use of Revit and Navisworks.
* Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit
* Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction required or equivalent years of experience.
* 2+ Years of Experience required.
* Experience with Autodesk Revit required.
* Experience with Navisworks Manage and SketchUp preferred but not required.
* Experience with Concrete design preferred but not required.
* Experience working in the A/E/C industry preferred.
* Experience creating high end 3D renderings preferred but not required.
* Familiarity with construction concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to plan and accomplish goals.
* Possesses strong technical skills, including experience with inserting sleeves, and imbeds.
* Ability to work with people, have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle large amounts of information.
McCarthy is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
North America, United States, Indiana, Fort Wayne
$10k - $15k
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
North America, United States, Texas, Dallas
$10k - $15k
10 days ago
only 18 days until close