about 1 month ago
Summary: Diagnose engine and transmission problems and repair accordingly in a timely and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification.
* Inspects defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions, using test instruments, such as motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
* Inspects and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
* Inspects, repairs, and maintains automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
* Fixing, servicing, aligning, setting up, adjusting, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical principles.
* Disassembles and overhauls internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and rear ends.
* Make precisely coordinated movements using one's own hands and arms in handling, installing, forming, positioning, and moving materials, or to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
* Reconditions and replaces parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves.
* Reads job orders and observes and listens to operating equipment to ensure conformance to specifications or to determine malfunctions.
* Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend service manuals, in order to keep abreast of engineering changes.
* Ability to observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
* Combining, evaluating, and reasoning with information and data to make decisions and solve problems. These processes involve making decisions about the relative importance of information and choosing the best solution.
* All other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Shows excellent interpersonal skills through listening, understanding and responding to the questions and needs of staff.
* Supports the team's efforts to succeed by motivating staff to achieve production goals and prioritizing and planning work activities.
* Contributes to a positive team environment by leading by example through commitment, respect and communication.
* Demonstrates quality work through accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail of own work and evaluating the work of other staff.
* Exhibits efficiency in problem solving skills and trouble shooting by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
* Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others.
* Commitment to a standard of excellence in customer service.
* Shows adaptability by effectively responding to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Exhibits superior dependability by consistently arriving to work on time and as scheduled.
* Demonstrates professionalism by acting with integrity, high moral standards and personal accountability.
* Shows organizational support by consistently following policy and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Experience: (Recommended)
* Hydraulic Systems
* Oil Field Equipment
* Proper Use of Shop Service Tools and Equipment
Technical Skills: (Recommend at least one of the following)
* Series 53, 71, 92 and 149 Training
* Series 60 Training on Highway
* Failure Analysis Training
* Series 2000 & 4000 Engine Training
* DDEC II, III and IV Electronic Systems Training
* Allison Transmission Experience
* Mercedes 900/4000 Experience
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close