about 1 month ago
Support operations and maintenance of our clients' facilities and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As the Transportation Engineer on the Operations and Maintenance program at our client's facility, you will have the chance to contribute to the safe transportation of space flight related components and related hardware. Working with other members of our team, you'll ensure requirements and quality standards are met, efficiency levels are maintained, and customer expectations are satisfied. During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to work closely with NASA's Transportation & Logistics Engineering Office management and staff and Engineering Directorate customers. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The Senior Transportation Engineer:
* Is responsible for ensuring that the organization's mission, vision and values are communicated and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, and work;
* Instruct employees in specific tasks and job techniques and make available written instructions, reference materials and supplies; coaches the team in the selection and application of appropriate problem solving methods and techniques;
* Mentor junior team members to assure safety and training requirements are met and provide on the job training to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices;
* Maintain a current knowledge and answer questions of other employees on procedures, policies, directives, etc. and obtain needed information or decisions from supervisor on problems that come up;
* Serves as coach and facilitator in coordinating team initiatives, policy implementation, and consensus building;
* Prepares reports and maintains records of work accomplishments and supporting information;
* Represents the team in dealings with the supervisor and manager to obtain resources and secure information for decisions;
* Reports to the supervisor on team and individual work accomplishments, problems, and work processes, including individual and team training needs;
* Reports to the team on progress in meeting team milestones and deadlines for completion of assignments;
* Applies a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze and improve team effectiveness;
* Leads the team in assessing its strengths and weaknesses;
* Approves leave for emergencies when supervisor is not available;
* Resolves simple and informal complaints of employees and refers others to supervisor and/or an appropriate management official;
* Informs the supervisor of team and individual performance, management issues and problems, and recommends corrective actions
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
* Minimum BS in Engineering with 10 years' experience or an MS with 7 years' experience. Aerospace Engineer given preference.
* 3+ years aerospace or military Flight/Program Critical Hardware experience
* Familiar with NASA, or NASA prime contractor flight hardware handling protocols and documentation process.
* Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrate relevant management skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database applications
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close