2nd shift 2pm to 10 pm
The Toolmaker is responsible for assembly & equipment fixtures, tooling adjustments, fixture tooling design, troubleshooting systems; performing preventive and predictive maintenance on all installed equipment to minimize downtime, while keeping safety and quality as a priority; providing training and technical support to Assembly and Maintenance Team Members. The Toolmaker assists in production operations, and supports Management, Area Leaders, and Production Associates by acting as a liaison in matters regarding automation, safety, and continuous improvement for equipment, processes and productivity.Major Responsibilities
-Working with various Production Departments to design, fabricate, and/or repair fixtures, tools and gages needed for automotive welded assembly.
-Acting as part f first-response team in production-down situations, lending product and manufacturing expertise to keep production flowing through the plant.
-Setting-up and operating standard and specialty equipment and attachments to turn, mill, drill, tap, grind, fit and finish workpiece. Modify standard tools as required.
-Using a wide range of precision instruments gauges, equipment and devices to layout, scribe/mark and check work for functional and dimensional accuracy. REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
EQUIPMENT and/or PRODUCT FAMILIARITY:
- Journeyman Toolmaker or Jig/Fixture Maker and/or 10 years of equivalent experience & training.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with Journeyman Card or Minimum 10 years' experience.
- Extensive experience in stamped and welded assemblies (spot, MIG, arc braze, etc.) including related clamping, fixturing, part fit-up, PLC and part presence sensors.
- Strong understanding of GD&T to enable data-driven assembly fixture adjustments.
- Ability to use hand tools to improve assembly tooling and fixturing to include cutting, adjusting, and shimming of existing tooling.
- Fixture tool design for continuous improvement activity
- Ability to reason through and identify root cause of assembly-related issues and derive creative solutions to new and existing design, clamping, fixturing, welding and robotic sealing and adhesive challenges.
- Check sensor height and adjust to the proper height to prevent premature wear
- Knowledge of all equipment locations on the plant floor
- Ability to read blue prints and technical specs
- Ability to work under pressure to resolve assembly line issues with permanent corrective actions that will minimize plant downtime and ensure quality parts are delivered on time.
Forklift, Aerial Devices, PC, printer, telephone, fax, photocopier, label maker, robots, pumps, compressors, DA Stud Welders, MIG, TIG, Arc welders, Mills, Lathes, etc.
Microsoft Office and internal databases and software, etc. RESPONSIBILITY AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Under the general direction of the Maintenance and Facilities Manager, the Skilled Trades Technician, Trainee works independently and confers regularly with inside and outside contacts to ensure successful implementation of programs & projects. Works with various Production Departments to design, fabricate, and/or repair fixtures, tools and gages needed for automotive welded assembly. Acts as part of the first-response team in production-down situations, lending product and manufacturing expertise to keep production flowing through the plant. Set-up and operating standard and specialty equipment and attachments to turn, mill, drill, tap, grind, fit and finish workpiece. Modify standard tools as required. Using a wide range of precision instruments, gauges, equipment and devices to layout, scribe/mark and check work for functional and dimensional accuracy. Travel may be required with occasional overnight accommodation at various locations. Overtime may be required to meet program expectations. The STT may be exposed to elements such as temperature and noise during time spent in the plant or at customer or supplier facilities. Ability to obtain and retain a valid passport is required.
The Cameron Craig Group is an executive search firm representing job openings in virtually every industry and job function across the country.
We combine the efforts of over 1200 recruiters throughout the US. Together, we represent thousands of job openings and enter dozens of new jobs per day.
When you apply online, your information will forward to the recruiters handling those jobs. If you are a close match, they will contact you to discuss the positions and employers in detail and then work hard to get you interviews ASAP.
All the best in your search!