3 months ago
ABOUT DURA AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS
DURA Automotive Systems, a Lynn Tilton company, is a global automotive supplier specializing in the design, engineering and manufacturing of innovative solutions that propel the vehicle development initiatives of automakers. DURA is focused on advancing global sustainability technology in three core areas:
* Driving fuel economy improvement through vehicle lightweighting and intelligent mechatronics
* Advancing safety through innovative structural vehicle architectures and advanced driver control solutions
* Preserving our environment through sustainable manufacturing practices
The company's products include mechatronic control systems, including shift-by-wire systems; electronic systems, including actuators and Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS); lightweight structural body systems, including aluminum closures; and exterior systems, including window systems and exterior trim.
DURA is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA; with global sales of $1.7 billion. The company has 12,000 employees worldwide and operates 40 facilities in 15 countries. Strong investments in new innovation programs and access to the extensive network of Lynn Tilton technology companies that span virtual gaming, electronics, fashion and aerospace industries have catapulted DURA's future product offering to anticipate and satisfy the next generation of customer needs. DURA is nationally certified in the United States by the Women's Business Enterprise Council.
DURA'S CORE FOUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES INCLUDE:
* Performance Driven Culture
* Excellence in Quality, sustainability and customer experience
* Leading-edge technology and innovation
* Sustained financial health and profitable growth
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and upgrades fixtures and gages.
2. Programs and operates CNC Lathes and Mills proficiently.
3. Operate manual lathes and mills and other tool room equipment.
4. Performs general tooling/fixture maintenance such as sharpening, repairing and/or replacing details, grinding form steels, and setting clearances.
5. Completes details from prints or sketches and maintains good housekeeping and works in a safe manner at all times.
6. Demonstrates good short and long term decision making in these areas:
* Toolroom machinery practices.
* Tooling repair and maintenance.
* Safety and housekeeping.
7. Promotes teamwork and shows a willingness to work well in other departments.
8. Responds to problems quickly and when they cannot be resolved in a timely manner, the Toolmaker enlists the help of others.
9. Demonstrates self motivation to continuously improve himself or herself with respect to their job duties and tasks.
10. Other duties as needed at the discretion of the Toolroom Supervisor.
The Toolmaker reports directly to the Toolroom Supervisor. There are no subordinate functions reporting to the Toolmaker.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
The performance evaluation will be conducted annually by the Toolroom Supervisor. This position will be evaluated on attendance, attitude, housekeeping, safety, communication, skill level, and continuous improvement.
Education: The minimal level of education is a high school diploma.
The preferred level of education would be a high school diploma and four years of related trade instruction. Must have Journeymans Card or 8000 hours of documented experience.
Licensing/Registration/Certification: The minimal level required is documentation of 8000 hours of experience.
The preferred level would be Journeyman Status Certificate (State Certified Journeyman Status)
Experience: The minimum level of experience for a Toolmaker position is at least four years.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
The Toolmaker must have a strong background in toolroom machining. Must also be able to work from prints and sketches. This position requires the Toolmaker to be able to hold tolerances and read precision equipment. Must be able to program and operate CNC lathes and mills.
Physical: This job requires long hours of standing and walking as well as lifting up to 40 pounds.
Mental: It is important for the Toolmaker to be able to communicate well both written and verbally. Understanding of mechanical principles and mathematical aptitude is necessary.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close