about 1 month ago
Our client is a Top 50 Industrial Distributor of abrasives, cutting
tools and special tools. We are a leader in Commodity Management; our
strengths include, new program management, inventory control, on-site
engineering, maintenance, and a cost savings commitment for our
As a company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful, and
engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to
thrive professionally and contribute to the various communities where
Our company provides a full benefit package, Medical, RX, Dental,
Vision, Life, Employee Assistance Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, and
a 401K Plan. In addition to these benefits, you will also enjoy a
generous vacation/emergency bank along with 8 company paid holidays.
We are currently seeking an energetic Tooling Engineer to work in our
Columbus, Indiana locations. As a tooling engineer, you will be
working with our on-site team to support our company's directive to
meet key strategic targets by leveraging effective commodity
management and supplier sourcing strategies while ensuring we meet or
exceeds customer expectations with every product and service we
As a key member of our team, you will work closely with our
customers' central engineering staff to identify:
* Identify and recommend tooling best matched to the application and
* Trouble-shoot performance and tool life problems and make
corrective action recommendations.
* Analyze customers performance based on tool use and determine
potential areas of improvement.
In addition, as part of the customer site support team, deliver
efficiency projects to meet the yearly cost savings objective assigned
by the customer. You will manage tool tests by proposing new tests to
the customer, procuring test materials, monitor test results in
production, and coordinate all documentation changes required to
implement new tooling. Responsibilities will also include, tracking
all cost savings activity via our proprietary database and report cost
savings project status to executive management.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
* Work with the representatives of our manufacturing supply base to
identify operations/applications for future efficiency projects.
* Facilitate root-cause analysis and corrective action plans for
tooling related concerns with the support of the manufacturer.
* Interface with OEM machine builders during new program launches.
* Establish a regular cadence of meetings with key manufacturer
representatives to review performance metrics.
* Monthly reporting of value stream production costs and top
inefficient tools to plant management.
* Review key performance indicators and open test status with the
customer's engineering team.
* Provide technical support to all customer engineering and
* Provide pricing quotations for new tooling as required.
**PLEASE BE SURE WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU CAN AFFIRM THAT
YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW:
* Candidate must possess an Engineering degree (Industrial,
Mechanical or Manufacturing) and a minimum of 3 years of hands-on
experience in a manufacturing environment _OR_ 8 PLUS year's hands
on experience as a Machine Tool / Engineer in a Manufacturing
Environment. We accept applications with a combination of education
* Knowledge of standard machining operations used in a high-volume
* Familiarity with all types of cutting tools (drills, mills,
reamers, etc.) and abrasive tools (grinding, honing, polishing, etc.).
* Well rounded understanding of materials, surface finishes, and
* Ability to read and understand tooling and work piece blueprints.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with a strong
emphasis on Excel.
* Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Certification of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing is desired.
* Preference given to candidates willing to travel or relocate.
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close