Tooling Design Engineer - Thermoforming Company:
My client is a leading manufacturer of high quality plastic packaging products. They are a recognized leader in the thermoforming industry due to their sustainability and innovation. With over 30 years in the business, they are experiencing consistent growth and are now transforming the organization! My client is owned by a private investment group who also owns their sister recycling plant allowing you to have ample opportunities for career growth!
- Company is committed to the growth of the organization and is willing to invest money back into the company and the team
- Innovative packaging solutions, offer state-of-the-art technology, and excellent customer service
- Company is supported by a strong culture and core values that drive individual contribution, team work, empowerment, growth, and leadership.
- They offer generous base salaries, 401K and health benefits
Your unique role with the company will be to lead all functions related to the production tooling. You will be expected to lead tool design parts and changes, work with vendors to support tool builds, and optimize the tooling process. You will collaborate frequently with Sales, Project Engineers and Quality. You will use project management and six sigma methodologies to turnaround the company’s manufacturing culture
by implementing programs, policies and procedures that show employees the level of priority that the organization has for providing quality products. We are seeking strong leaders that are capable of growing with this company!
You will need to have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others to perform at a high level every day. You must have experience in thermoformed or plastic molding told design, preferably food packaging. To be successful in this role:
- 7+ years experience in plastic tool design, preferably thermoforming
- Experience in leading a team and producing results through others
- Advanced experience with Solidworks or Pro-E
- Project Management experience or Six Sigma certifications
This position is located just south of Santa Barbara, CA. A beautiful area, with a lower cost of living and regionally close to everything that a major city has to offer being between Santa Barbara and Los Angeles. Right along the coastline close to beautiful beaches and other waterfront activities. Strong local economy with farmers markets, parks and marine museums for family friendly events.