FWG has a temporary (October 2016 thru May 2017) opportunity for a Telecommunications Project Engineer at its Government Client Site in Fort Worth, TX. This work supports an important Government mission to design and install a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) for Public Safety Land Mobile Radios (LMR) and Wireless telephones. This system provides a government increased wireless coverage for wireless telephone carriers and LMR for public safety and private security uses. The candidate serves as the Prime Contractors' primary point of contact for all employees and subcontractors working on the customer's site. The candidate is accountable to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget; and, in accordance with the requirements, contracts, and work statements. They will serve as Subcontract Program Manager, and ensure all subcontractors perform work in accordance with their contracts, work statements, and plans. Candidate must possess excellent technical knowledge, advisory, delegating, writing, and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate builds strong customer and employee relationships, is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; and, builds rapport.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Has strong functional knowledge and technical skills with Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) to deploy and install ICT projects at high levels of accomplishment. Use knowledge and experience with the ICT to successfully deploy, install, and test DAS/LMR systems that effectively increases usability, availability, and reliability.
- Interact with multiple, diverse stakeholders to deploy and install ICT solutions throughout the enterprise by being dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of stakeholders. Gain the trust and respect of stakeholders by collaboratively, sharing information to improve the technical products and services FWG delivers.
- Direct implementation of a campus-wide ICT installation for clients by effectively managing the project team. Establish clear directions; set objectives; and distribute the workload appropriately. Maintain two-way dialogue with project team on work and results to bring out their best.
- Work according to project management schedules, technical requirements, and cost objectives to ensure ICT projects fully satisfy customer requirements. Accurately scope out work for ICT projects, allocate resources, direct projects, and, manage project performance against plans.
- Effectively communicate, interact and push implementations to clients and their end users. Lead team meetings and status reviews to support the implementation of clients' initiatives, goals and objectives.
- Write clearly and succinctly to get messages across in weekly status updates to Contracting Support Staff; trip reports, meeting minutes, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous Experience working wireless, RF, or telecommunication deployment and installation projects.
- Bachelor's in science, technology, engineering, or, equivalent combination of relevant work experience & education
- At least three (3) years of experience designing, developing, installing, operating or maintaining Telecommunication Technologies.
- 3+ years as an onsite supervisor, project engineer, or manager for telecommunications installation projects.
Desired Qualifications and Education
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Credentials in Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Telecommunications or RF engineering professional credentials
About FWG Solutions:
FWG Solutions is a CMMI and ISO recognized award winning systems integrator and premier small business provider of Health IT, Cyber Security and Network Engineering solutions to government and commercial clients.
Headquartered in Washington, DC FWG is certified by the Small Business Administration (SBA) as a 8(a) and HUBZone firm. Our firm provides our associates with a dynamic, flexible and entrepreneurial work environment that is intellectually stimulating, fun and focused on career development and growth.
FWG Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, pregnancy, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information/history or any other personal characteristic protected by law. FWG welcomes all individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply for our jobs.