3 months ago
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning?s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D;, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
A world leader in industrial research and development, Corning staunchly believes in change. We thrive on seeking new opportunities to make a difference for mankind and bringing them to life.
Our dedicated scientists conduct their research with the highest integrity, finely tuned processes and superb skill. Breakthroughs occur when our researchers leverage existing technologies across product lines or come as the result of a profound moment of inspiration or even as an unexpected, experimental outcome. That is when research is at its most exciting.
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation. We continually invest in research and development to provide our scientists with the resources they need. This has enabled our scientific community to develop a unique ability to solve complex problems and maintain a keen focus on things that really matter -- technologies that improve our lives and change our world.
R&D; is the foundation on which Corning?s history has been built, and we have no doubt it will lead us to future technological triumphs.
To know more about Corning's Science and Technology division, please visit the R&D; website at:
Scope of Position: Corning Advanced-FlowReactor(AFR) Technologies is looking for a qualified individual to join its EMEA/NA commercial organization. This position will be located in USA, responsible for executing Northern America commercial strategies, driving regional sales growth to meet business objectives with the support of Corning certified application labs in US and global engineering teams in France:
* Develop detailed customer / sales plans
* Lead all aspects of sales / order management process to meet sales revenue targets
* Resolve customer issues, facilitate responsiveness, and customer satisfaction
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Develop detailed customer / sales plans for North America
* Develop account sales budget; Identify opportunities and risks
* Develop customer plans and strategies, and optimize ongoing sales
* Actively manage complexity at customer projects
Lead all aspects of sales / order management process to meet sales targets
* Understand customer requirements - Identify, assess and prioritize opportunities
* Execute the customer plan in alignment w/product plan
* Ensure satisfactory and payment performance
* Collect/synthesize market information, and communicate with respective teams
* Get PO and meet the revenue targets
Resolve customer issues facilitate responsiveness, and customer satisfaction
* Respond to customer requests
* Ensure quality/service issue resolution
* Develop actionable and measurable satisfaction improvement plans
* Continually increase customer satisfaction.
Projects involved with:
* Local and global application engineering teams
* Local and global reactor engineering teams
* Commercial and marketing teams in the region
* This individual will be reporting to Commercial Manager, EMEA/NSA
Travel Requirements: ~50% domestic, few international
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40+
Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Reference Number: 182554
Required Education: Bachelor degree (with 5-10 year experience) or Master degree (with 3-5 year experience) in applied chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related fields
Required Years and Area of Experience:
* Chemical process synthesis, plant operating experience a plus
* Experience as an application engineer or technical sales a plus
* Knowledge or experience with chemical process development in pharma, fine chemicals a plus
* Strong technical background in chemical engineering, applied chemistry, pharma, agrochem process synthesis
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
* Outstanding interpersonal, telephone, presentation skills are ?must?.
* Good cross functional team communication skill. Experience in multiple team work.
* Strong problem solving skills, and independent execution skills
* Quick learner with clear and logic thinking, effective priority skills
* Ability & willingness to travel
* Knows how to sell. Goes beyond the transaction to actively manage long-term goals
* Strong knowledge of commercial transaction processes
* Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
* Demonstrates effective organizational skills
* Results oriented / accomplishment driven
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
* Ability to function and thrive in a global team environment with an appreciation of aggressive goals
* Flexible, service-oriented with proactive attitude
* Stable, reliable, flexible
**EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.** a3b801e4bcfd4bf2a519a895580a01d3
10 days ago
only 18 days until close