Job Title: Supply Quality Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas Area
Summary: Investigate, analyze, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. Lead quality technicians in capturing and monitoring supplier performance indicators. Assist in supplier qualification endeavors including supplier
on-site audits and evaluations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor, communicate, and improve key supply chain KPI's including supplier OTD, PPM, lost-time, and corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update a critical supplier audit system and schedule. Travel to supplier locations as required.
- Work with purchasing department to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and any corrective actions are implemented.
- Work with supplier to establish specific short and long-term supplier quality goals.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis with suppliers, customers, and QC inspectors to eliminate recurrence of non-conformance.
- Develop long-term supplier relationships while generating and implementing cost reduction ideas.
- Aide manufacturing department in evaluating and qualifying new supplier materials following a defined New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in efforts to increase supplier capability of consistently meeting THI's internal requirements. Project variation may include: process analysis, value stream mapping,
- Communicate engineering and manufacturing specifics and details to supplier technical personnel.
- Travel to supplier locations to resolve quality issues.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a team of quality technical experts to perform functions in a vendor material review board (MRB).
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in a related field, from a four-year college or university.
- Two-Five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with hydraulic: components, systems, and cleanliness requirements.
- Experience with inspection tools and gauges (Gantry and portable CMM's, micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.), Oracle ERP, and ISO systems.
Skills and Qualifications: Analyzing information, promoting process improvement, developing standards, manufacturing methods and procedures, supporting innovation, manufacturing methods and procedures, CAD
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
Competitive benefits and bonus structure