At American Cutting Edge, our Mission is to Relentlessly Serve our Customers . If you share this mission, consider joining our team!
We are a local, family-owned and nationally known manufacturer and distributor of machined knives and industrial cutting edges. We sell B2B to a variety of industries including recycling, converting/packaging, pelletizing, and food processing. Our over 50 years in business has given us the expertise to help us realize our Vision of becoming our Customer's most trusted partner through speed, innovation and reliability.
Our business is growing! We are looking to expand our Quality program with this new role. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to create, implement and sustain a robust supplier quality program.
- Leads the overall Supplier Quality Assurance functions for all American Cutting Edge locations, including incoming inspection, issue containment and supplier corrective actions. Works directly with suppliers to dramatically improve overall quality.
- Drives issue resolution with suppliers, engineering and manufacturing.
- Oversees supplier certification program. Ensure supplier report card process is in place. Generates appropriate performance metrics and drive resolution of issues.
- Develops and drives department projects such as reducing the need for incoming inspections.
- Analyzes and interpret blueprints, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Confers with Sales and Engineering Departments to define client requirements and expectations.
- Identifies critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- Creates, documents and implements inspection criteria or procedures.
- Oversees inspectors and workers engaged in inspection activities throughout production cycles.
- Directs the tracking of material and product defects or other regularly reported quality control data.
- Maintains data management system. Designs inspection protocols and collection logs. Conducts analysis of logs to generate improvement projects and provide departmental feedback.
- Monitors, analyzes, summarizes and reports performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leads the overall Supplier Quality Assurance functions for CB and ACE locations including incoming inspection, issue containment and supplier corrective actions. Works directly with suppliers to dramatically improve overall quality.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Statistics or a degree that has prepared a candidate for the Quality Engineer position, or equivalent business/work experience.
- 5 years experience in the quality function within a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of APQP programs and processes.
- Self-starter with the initiative to use his/her critical thinking abilities to push solutions through implementation.
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Leadership skills that have been tested through project and team management.
- Requires some travel for vendor visits.
Employees describe the benefits of working for us to include great co-workers, the ability to keep a healthy work/life balance, and interesting jobs that allow employees the empowerment to solve challenges and learn new skills.
Our full-time employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, 401k options including a company match, paid vacation and profit sharing opportunities. To learn more about our company, visit us at .
**Local (Dayton, OH area) candidates only, please **
American Cutting Edge, a division of CB Manufacturing is an industry leader in various markets related to machine knives and cutting edges. We are a medium-sized company, big enough to offer good benefits, but small enough to be fun and family oriented. We are primarily a "selling machine," offering the most diverse range of products at various price points, making us very attractive to most anyone in our industries.