2 months ago
The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for performing engineering activities in the field under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and/or General Manager. This includes technical and engineering support of field work as well as office generated reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide technical capabilities for testing relays, circuit breakers, transformers, motor control equipment, and related switchgear in the field, including synch check, point-to-point.
2. When necessary, support the sales effort by assisting with labor estimates and job walks.
3. Remain current on all safety and technical training.
4. Remain current and active on all Professional Credentials through successful completion of PDU's and CEU's in the appropriate curriculum.
5. Perform updates to client electrical drawings including one lines, diagrams and schematics, including the use of AutoCAD to perform said-modifications.
6. Collect field data and perform arc flash studies, coordination studies and short circuit analysis.
7. Provide technical insight with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems.
8. Adhere to all company, industry and client safety protocol and standards.
1. Experience: Minimum 5-7 years related experience in substations
2. Reasoning Development: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
3. Mathematical Development: Ability to add, subtract, and divide all units of measure.
4. Language Development: Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
5. Education: BSEE from ABET Accredited University or equivalent experience
6. Licensures and Certifications: PE - desirable. NETA III or NETA IV encouraged.
7. Field Experience Necessary.
8. Must have hands-on experience with test equipment such as M400, 6150, CMC-256, CMC-356, etc.
Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder
Our clients include fortune 500 companies specializing in Electrical and Industrial firms.
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close