Plans / coordinates installation of structure related systems for existing and new models in conjunction with process requirements. Monitors and evaluates the structure systems' operational, technical, and maintenance status as they relate to the overall system performance, design specification, and the total throughput of the Body-In-White facility.
- Coordinates the modification and distribution of the structural aspects of the Body-In-
White buildings ensuring that the structural integrity and distribution of utilities are maintained.
- Coordinates / plans all structure refurbishments / modifications to facility as required (including: truss reinforcements, utility relocation, fume extraction, spot cooling, installation of prefab buildings, concrete replacement, resurfacing and painting of floors, and investment planning / tracking).
- Ensures that system documentation, instruction manuals, suggested spare parts lists, operating procedures, maintenance procedures and other pertinent documents are received, written to standards and updated to reflect any changes.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with contractors, facilities engineering central planning. Oversees visiting contractors on site and advises on civil engineering issues.
- Ensures that Body-In-White remains in line with all code issues (i.e. Fire Marshall, Insurance Company).
- Evaluates and reports on the impact of model allocation on the Body-In-White structure.
- Coordinates approval of all space allocation in Body-In-White.
- Establishes and maintains standards & specifications for prefab buildings & guardrails.
- Coordinates technical and feasibility studies and site investigations with Facilities Group.
- Coordinates the assessment of potential risks of specific projects, undertakes risk management in specialist roles.
- Supervises tendering procedures and proposal formulation.
- Coordinates the effective communication and liaison with colleagues, architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients.
- Manages budgets and other project resources for all projects assigned. Reviews and approves project drawings.
- Coordinates the compilation and approval of all construction reports.
- Coordinates adoption of all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments.
- Leads the correcting of any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements prior to final evaluation and project reviews
Support Conveyor Planning:
- Supports planning activities for conveyor refurbishments, modifications / installations including: concept, design approval, specifications, RFQ, schedule, installation, commissioning, startup, training, buyoff, and investment planning /tracking).
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with contractors and central planning department
- Supports with problem resolution and root cause analysis for major breakdowns.
- Resolves problems for repetitive system design problems.
- Authorizes/approves all system modifications and assists in their development where necessary.
- Coordinates external technical systems support for immediate and emergency needs of the overall system.
- Provides engineering direction and support for special tests as required for evaluation of system performance or to determine the cause of system malfunction.
- Continually evaluates system performance to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Provides cost estimates for system modification or extraordinary maintenance items as requested by maintenance planning.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the following as they relate to conveyors: modifications, engineering, standards & specification, and system functional design capabilities.
- Familiar with the engineering, maintenance, operations, and administrative procedures and policies that govern plant operations including technical specification & safety.
5+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment (automotive preferred), to include 3 years project management experience.
BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial engineering or the equivalent of 4 years related engineering experience.