3 months ago
This position is responsible for the technical and business operations of a specific Television Station, including, electromechanical equipment, playout automation, traffic, FCC compliance, and administrative responsibilities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor, control and report to TOC the operability of station's master control and transmitter operations
* Monitor and report station outages
* Work together with Chief Engineer in daily operation of studio, transmitter, and distribution delivery
* Maintain systems responsible for supporting the on-air operation, such as HVAC, networking, electrical, and mechanical.
* Maintain station Public File in accordance with FCC requirements. Track and confirm FCC online station files.
* Generate and submit quarterly Public Affairs and other reports.
* Liaison for all cable, DBS, and Telco operators within market.
* Operate, log and maintain EAS tests and equipment.
* Proactively engage with necessary third parties to resolve technical issues in an expedited manner as they arise.
* Carry out troubleshooting as needed or escalate to Engineering Support for further diagnosis.
* Act as alternate Chief Operator for proofing and attesting to logs
* Knowledge and ability to re-establish connectivity with transmitter
* Ability to understand, operate and originate programming from master control
* Must be able to cover master control during designated times as well as special programming events.
* Responsible for generating, editing and verifying accuracy of daily program logs ensuring all paid programs, local spot and commercials run in compliance with agency instructions.
* Work with Corporate Traffic for library and network needs
* Work with Sales to ensure accurate processing of all orders, copy, make-goods, and discrepancies.
* Order office supplies as needed, within budget parameters
* Produce various reports and projects for Regional Operations Manager.
* Assist with facility leasing consideration.
* Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business, Communications, Engineering or IT Systems field
* Experience in broadcast station operations or engineering is preferred.
* Some understanding, via course work, of applicable electrical, computer networking, mechanical, structural and civil engineering methods is desired.
* Knowledge of FCC broadcasting rules preferred
* Knowledge of basic technical understanding of traffic workflow system preferred
* Comfort and willingness to learn, implement, and operate new technology related to broadcasting and content delivery
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
* Specific understanding of television operations, connectivity, video switching, IP networking, including equipment
* Must be physically able to bend, lift and carry up to a maximum of 70 pounds, as well as climb on step-stools, ladders and other necessary equipment.
* Ability and willingness to travel to transmitter sites and travel throughout the region on an as needed basis.
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close