We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R6199 Site Reliability Engineer (SRE, DevOps), Cloud Services (Evergreen) (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE, DevOps), Cloud Services
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance to drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU
The Citrix Cloud Services Engineering team, based out of Fort Lauderdale, FL, is solely focused on delivering and enabling Cloud solutions for our customers and partners. Every day we work to deliver innovative solutions that enable our customers to transform their business by leveraging the latest Cloud technologies. Our team culture is a unique blend that combines the structured vision and process maturity of a well-established software company with the dynamism and vibrancy of a small startup. We're currently looking for a SRE Engineer to join us on this exciting journey to build world-class solutions.
Under general supervision, develops, maintains, and ensures quality of Citrix services via implementation and refinement of standard operating procedures. Assist in development and implementation of necessary product design changes, automation frameworks and monitoring tools. Collects, evaluates Citrix service quality and proactively identify any significant network, hardware and software component failures. Prepares statistical and narrative reports and recommendations, and participates in the analysis and interpretation of data as deemed appropriate. Builds solutions to extend and enrich current automation frameworks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides expertise regarding high level service availability, technical architecture and standards/process to operations and engineering teams
- Recommends appropriate course of action to developers, operations engineers and senior management, based on past, current and future service quality issues
- Recommend proactive course of action to operations, engineering and design teams
- Run pre-production acceptance verification and make sure the products are ready for production
- Provide data and root cause analysis for each service impacting incident with all possible corrective actions for improvement
- Monitor and improve the operational efficiency through the use and creation of automation, scripting, etc.
- Automate the build and migration of codebase throughout Dev, QA, and Production environments
- Work with multiple teams in analyzing each service outage, measure, maintain and present the service quality metrics to management
- Manually monitor all networking, hardware and software components of Citrix product and take preventive actions to avoid service outage to customers
- Responsible to maintain 24/7 service to customers and reduce MTTR in case of service interruption.
- Plan and implement disaster recovery procedures
- Provide support to operations and technical support team in case of service outage and customer reported problems
- If required, work with customers to identify and resolve customer issues related to Citrix product and service
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, summarizes data and makes recommendations in preparation for high level service availability and quality
- Design, build or utilize tools to collect, analyze and monitor the application or server logs
- Participate in product design discussions and make appropriate recommendations
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in design, implementation and operations support
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related IT focused
- Working Knowledge of Automation Frameworks and development and scripting languages (C#, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Softlayer
- Experience in TSQL queries to aggregate, isolate and identify trends and problem records
- Working Knowledge of NetScaler and related networking technologies and topologies
- Working Knowledge of Windows AD and OS technologies
- Working Knowledge of Security protocols and technologies such as SAML and Federated Identity Management
- Working knowledge of network hardware, network protocols and VPN connections
- Experience in the management and support of source control systems ( Git/Stash are a plus )
- Microsoft and/or Linux certifications
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of Services
- Ability to work under pressure in 24/7 environment
- Take full responsibility for prioritizing of assigned tasks
- Project planning and project management skills
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be able to work on 24/7 on-call schedule
- Must be able to work constructively in team environment
- Ability to design and implement systems that are necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data
- Ability to gather and analyze data and generate reports
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we're all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You'll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.