3 months ago
The successful candidate must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently. He/she must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company.
Typical job duties may include but are not limited to the following:
* Interacts with Product Development Team to ensure stamped product manufacturing feasibility
* Provide technical expertise to various departments from time to time.
* Supports tool designRFQ's.
* Provides process feasibility simulation studies to ensure product manufacturability
* Ensures that the process developed is the most efficient and economical based on the current known conditions.
* Provides direction and receives feedback from suppliers ensuring tool quality & delivery commitments are met.
* Approves supplier designs.
* Approves supplier simulation.
* Ensures that suppliers adhere to tool building standards.
* Participates and perhaps leads the Die standard documentation development.
* Prepares a detailed program plan that meets timing goals and visits suppliers on a regular basis to ensure compliance to timing dates
* Schedules and facilitates die trials at suppliers and at TMF.
* Significant, extended travel, including internationally may be required from time to time.
* Provides direction and leadership to Launch Support Team including T & D Technicians.
* Provides a detailed documentation record of "as built" conditions.
* Provides direction to Engineering Techs and Engineering Interns as necessary.
* Other tasks assigned by Manager.
* Advanced knowledge of GD & T and part print interpretation
* Update Master Die Tracking System.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships throughout the Tesla organization
* Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
* Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
* Maintain top level professional integrity
* Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines
* Detail oriented
* Customer focused
* Ability to work independently
* Strong quality mindset
* Highly adaptable
* Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams at all levels across the company.
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
* 8+ years of automotive stamping experience, working with Class A exteriors, aluminum, high strength steel.
* Work with the design team to assess feasibility and develop stamping process.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close