The Staff GUI Engineer will create a global reporting solution for our international customers. The focus is on delivery of unified and intuitive look-and-feel for RSi reporting solutions, and state-of-the-art visualizations for business insights. Projects will include creation of scalable and flexible frameworks for customer interaction with large scale, data centric Java applications for advanced analysis using JBoss and BI/RDBMS stack, as well as work on the application interface to the data using proprietary BI analysis tools and reporting capabilities. Applications must be robust, fault-tolerant, and highly accurate as they deliver key business insights to senior management for RSi customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business users to define requirements, design and implement sophisticated user interaction and visualization applications that address business needs.
- Develop Java Applications using the latest techniques in massively scalable parallel distributed environments.
- Independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other members of the core development team.
- Optimize and tune CPU, RAM, network, and IO resource consumption.
- Must be able to lead projects; independently design solutions and seeing them through implementation.
- Requires very minimal direction and supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering with 9+ years in industry, or Master's Degree in CS/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering with 7+ years in industry
- Willing to consider less experienced developers who are very bright and motivated to learn fast
- Several years of practical experience creating business application UI with relevant technologies:
- Angular.JS, Ember.JS, Backbone or Knockout.JS
- Modern web development tool chain such as Yeoman, Grunt and Bower
- CSS architectures, frameworks and tools/best practices for managing CSS - e.g.LESS/SASS, (Bootstrap or Foundation framework)
- RESTful HTTP/JSON web services
- Java/JEE& Java server side web frameworks (SpringMVC, Struts, Tapestry, Wiket,Closure)
- In-depth knowledge of Java/JEE concepts, techniques, programming, tuning, memory management in multi-threaded asynchronous environments.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products on time using agile processes.
- Strong analytical and technical skills and demonstrated ability to creatively solve complex problems.
- Technical leadership skills: project management of schedules, tasks, and people resources.
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer "downstream data", such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.