We believe that
, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven
by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect
and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge
conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion
our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire
optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future. Our Opportunity:
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. What you'll do:
The technical lead engineer will be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, scalable software. This role is split 50% design/leading the team, 50% development, and will require the successful candidate to be responsible for individual coding contributions in addition to their team lead responsibilities. The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
What you have:
- Lead team in execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization's software products to QA, and ultimately to Production
- Manage day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage follow and support agile software development practices
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Work with Scrum Master and product owner to provide development sizing's & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks to achieve software quality standards
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Assist Scrum Master in resolving needs and roadblocks identified by team members
- Ensure the coordination of individual team deliverables are synchronized as necessary to achieve product releases
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for other members of the development team
- Identify technology risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Create the following artifacts for each project: Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages
What you'll get:
- Minimum 3+ years' experience serving in the role of technical lead on an agile scrum team
- Minimum 10+ year's development experience, 5+ years team management experience
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language) and RUP (Rational Unified Process) is preferred
- Expert in object oriented analysis, SOA, design, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Proficient building server side applications based upon Microsoft technologies, specifically utilizing Visual Studio and C#
- Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NO SQL databases, and SQL is preferred
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
- Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
- Experience providing guidance, direction, and feedback to other technical staff in order to meet agreed upon objectives.
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about .
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Position Located In: TX - Austin
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and innovation, the company has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable to all.
Today, Schwab meets the needs of individual and institutional clients through two operating segments:
- Investor Services helps individuals with brokerage, banking, insurance and other financial services. Clients have easy access online, by phone or at a local Schwab branch.
- Institutional Services provides dedicated support for independent investment advisors, employers and third-party benefit plan administrators.
Who We Hire:
Schwab hires people at all levels of experience who have the desire, drive and creativity to help our clients be financially fit. We actively recruit for a variety of roles, including financial consultants, registered brokers and trainees, client service specialists and portfolio consultants. In addition, we offer challenging careers in technology, sales, marketing and other areas of business support.