3 months ago
Have you ever wondered how Amazon is able to accurately promise when your items will be delivered to you? Wondered how, based on various carrier capabilities and availability of items in some of its many warehouses, it is able to provide an exact delivery date for you within fraction of a second? If so, the Delivery Promise team is for you. The team is at the core of Amazon's supply-chain systems and owns set of services which provides millions of promises per hour for the Amazon fulfillment network. We are part of the Supply Chain & Optimization technologies (SCOT) organization and are looking for experienced software engineers to design and develop highly available and scalable software solutions.
Watch this short video for more on SCOT:
Our complex systems track inventory availability for the millions of items buyable on Amazon, compute accurate delivery expectations for every customer order, and monitor fulfillment network changes to drive delivery updates and optimizations. You will build solutions that impact core front-end customer facing functionality on many of Amazon's main webpages, as well as backend systems that are central to the order and fulfillment pipelines and to the supply chain systems' operation.
We're looking for the world's finest engineers to innovate and expand these extremely scalable and distributed systems. You will be applying core software engineering skills daily ? such as coding in Java or C++, OO and systems design, scripting, and problem solving ? while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills. You will also be heavily involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models, including but not limited to oracle and partitioned mysql databases, pull and push systems, request and event driven services, webservers, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, XML and many other technologies that are used in a Service Oriented Architecture.
This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
* Degree in Computer Science or related field, with 8+ years professional experience in software development
* Expertise in computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Proficiency in multiple modern Object Oriented programming languages such as Java, C#, or C++ and expertise in at least one
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* A minimum of 5 years industry coding experience in Java or C++
* A minimum of 5 years industry experience preferably on large UNIX or Linux-based systems
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close