3 months ago
Good news! Splunk is looking to hire sales engineers in Boston, MA area to serve our customers in New England (MA, RI, CT, NH, ME, VT). Sales engineers at Splunk are our customer facing thought leaders. We are looking for people that will make Splunk customers so successful with our products that they openly evangelize Splunk to other companies.
To use a sports analogy, working at Splunk is not like your morning jog. This is the Olympics. You?ll train incredibly hard, greatly increase your performance and be winning at the executive levels with some of the most respected companies in America - 12,000 and growing daily. Which new customers will you be a part of adding?
What is Splunk? Splunk is the real-time big data platform every company always needed but could never have - until we created it! We?ve defined a huge new category called Operational Intelligence. Many clients start with a free download or a cloud trial, quickly build success, and grow to operationalizing 100+ Terabytes of data per day.
Your job will be to enlighten customers as to how they can transform their operations with Splunk. Whether they will use Splunk as the single pane of glass in IT Operations, or for full transparency into all layers of Application Delivery, or to monitor every asset of their Security infrastructure - Splunk is the solution. Or maybe you?ll be called on to help a customer Splunk their cars, elevators, railroad cars, or HVAC components ? we?ve done them all. The only open questions are: what are you waiting for and what will you be called on to Splunk for your customers?
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Challenge customers in how they are thinking about their problems
* Challenge Splunk in how we serve our customers
* Enlighten and provide insight as to how Splunk can transform customer operations
* Guide customers to where they realize that Splunk is the only solution
* Identify and build Splunk champions within your customers
* Commit to your customers success
* Celebrate your customer?s success (You?ll be doing a lot of this)
* Understand which word is in every bullet above. Figure that out and you will understand your mission at Splunk.
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers:
* Demonstrate that real experience trumps time served
* Treat their job as their craft and are serious about constantly improving it
* Love technology, but more importantly love articulating the value of technology
* Prepare themselves to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
* Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves
* Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors
* Possess the conviction regarding the value of Splunk
Domain Technology Experience:
* Applied knowledge of hardware, networking, operating systems, applications, software languages, etc.
* Experience in IT Operations, Security, SIEM, DevOps, and Application Delivery would be a plus
* Boston, MA area, New England including MA, RI, CT, VT, NH, ME
* University degree. We?ll break the rules if you?re great. a72eeaf753634d5ca8a1d4d46241ec7f
13 days ago
only 15 days until close