22 days ago
**Local Hawaii Candidates ONLY, No Relocation Available**
12 Month Contract
The Sr. Network Engineer is a senior level engineering position within IT Services. He or she is a member of the IT Enterprise Infrastructure team. The incumbent is expected to provide technical leadership in supporting systems and network infrastructure in support of business operations. He or she is expected to provide technical leadership supporting voice and data infrastructure and enterprise-wide systems and services which may be internally hosted or outsourced. The incumbent will interact with company personnel at all levels. He or she is expected to develop and maintain relationships with managers and other staff members within IT Services, as well as vendors and service providers.
The incumbent is expected to provide technical expertise in the identification, evaluation, selection, and design of enterprise level technical solutions supporting applications initiatives and/or the technical infrastructure, and will direct Request for Proposal processes. He or she is expected to adhere to industry standards and best practices, and assist in developing corporate standards for enterprise wide area voice/data network hardware and operations. The incumbent is expected to be able to assign tasks and monitor the work of less senior engineers.
The individual has direct experience in an IT network infrastructure and operations environment with responsibility for network technical projects. Possesses a thorough knowledge of various hardware, operating and system software, security products, and voice and data communications. Maintains a strong awareness of industry trends and issues, emerging technologies, is able to visualize their relevance to business needs, and is able to communicate and advise management accordingly. Can make recommendations on WAN & LAN design; WAN traffic acceleration & prioritization; Wireless coverage in closed spaces (offices & warehouses) as well as open spaces (Port terminals); is expert an network monitoring & troubleshooting.
Technology - Possess sufficient knowledge of the following:
1. MPLS management
2. WAN Traffic acceleration tools such as Riverbed or Silverpeak.
3. System and network monitoring tools
4. Network technologies and products including Cisco routers, Cisco switches, MPLS, TCP/IP, SMTP, SNMP, and 802.11x wireless communications
5. File transfer, messaging, and Email applications including Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft Lync, FTP, SFTP, and MQ Series
6. Security tools including Cisco, PaloAlto Networks, Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco VPN, Network Associates/McAfee products including EPolicy Orchestrator
7. Knowledge of VoIP telephone systems and technologies including those from Avaya and Cisco
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor' s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent technical certification is desirable. Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience in network technologies.
1. Hands-on experience in six (6) to eight (8) technologies.
2. Designs enterprise-wide infrastructural specifications, configurations and solutions. Possesses a deep understanding of our client s enterprise architecture, server and network hardware, network design, systems software and tools, and vendors.
3. Develops and ensures adherence to corporate standards affecting enterprise hardware, software, networks, and security.
4. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the business and continually expands on this knowledge.
5. Identifies and implements, with management approval, opportunities for cost savings and improvements in operating effectiveness.
6. Possesses an in-depth knowledge of technology and is able to present and advise the business implications of a particular solution or a change in technological direction. Is able to routinely apply business insights to guide and influence the design of technically robust solutions.
7. Establishes relationships with development project managers and analysts. Presents alternative technical scenarios for consideration to resolve business and/or development issues.
8. Develops efficient methods and processes to ensure a high level of system availability, and provides regular reports to management operating effectiveness and the scope of operations. `
9. Perform on-call responsibilities for production support of enterprise infrastructure as needed. This may be required on off-hours or on weekends.
10. Performs special projects as assigned.
Special Skills -The incumbent must be a self-motivated individual who is able to communicate effectively with all levels throughout the company, and with outside vendors and service providers Is willing to travel to other offices and able to work flexible hours as needed.
Analytical- Collects information to analyze a problem in order to determine the best technical solution.
Customer Service- Responsive to identified production problems; Responds promptly and with a sense of purpose.
Task Management- Manages and prioritizes own work and meets published schedules.
Interpersonal- Must communicate well, verbally and in writing, with peers, management and the user community; focuses on facilitating and resolving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
Ethics- Must treat people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and upholds organizational values.
Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions;
Teamwork- Performs as an active participant of the team and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Works collaboratively with other members of the IT Infrastructure team and with other IT Services teams.
Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
Quantity- Maximizes productivity; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; takes the initiative to ask for additional tasks when assignments are complete.
Dependability- Follows direction, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
Innovation- Develops creative solutions to challenging problems and opportunities.
Associated topics: analog, asic, call, engineer i, engineering, scada, telecom, translations, verification, wireless
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close