3 months ago
About Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
About The Raleigh Design Center
Located near the heart of one of the nation's leading technology hubs, the Raleigh Design Center's 50 engineers and designers serve customers in the Eastern United States with high-end talent drawn from leading national universities and the rich Triangle area talent pool. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 18 years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Featuring a modern, southern feel with a family-friendly culture amid the beautiful scenery of Eastern North Carolina, the Raleigh-Durham area is only hours from world famous beaches and the Appalachian Mountains.
About The Boulder Design Center
With a local population that boasts more Ph.D.'s per capita than any other US city, the Boulder Design Center's 70 engineers and designers serve customers in the Western and South-Western United States. Our engineers form a close-knit, elite team with 16 years of history providing leading companies high quality, innovative designs. Situated at the gateway to the Rocky Mountains, Boulder is a family friendly city with a small town feel, consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States. Featuring a lively arts and culture scene, prestigious universities, Boulder is only miles from world class skiing, trails, and gorgeous mountain scenery.
About the Role
As a Mechanical Engineer at Plexus Engineering Solutions, you will apply and continuously develop your technical, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills to provide product development solutions which exceed our customers' expectations. You will work in cross functional local and remote project teams while interfacing directly with Plexus' supply chain, vendors and customers throughout all stages of the product development life cycle.
* Develop mechanical, product and system concepts at the system/part/component level that satisfy the customer's requirements. Transfer these ideas into manufacturable products using a variety of high-and-low volume manufacturing processes
* Architect and design outside-of-the-box mechanical solutions by analyzing the performance and feasibility of multiple alternative concepts using theory, simulations and mathematical models
* Build breadboard mock-ups and proof of principle/concept models and deliver prototype units to customers by selecting components, procuring or fabricating models and hands-on assembly
* Engineer, implement and verify the mechanical design of parts, components and assemblies in 3D CAD and appropriate analysis tools.
* Interface with customers to include the presentation of options to solve tough mechanical problems/issues and present trade-offs with guidance from other engineers as necessary
* Develop and execute mechanical design verification test plans per requirements and specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements
* Support the development and assembly of prototypes by providing documentation and assistance to ensure high quality prototypes are built in a timely manner
Skills & Abilities
* Skilled at designing, developing, and sustaining medical or diagnostics consumables/disposables (cartridges) and instrumentation working within an ISO 13485 compliant environment.
* Demonstrated experience in root cause analysis techniques for mechanical parts and assemblies.
* Expert level experience with the mechanical design of complex parts and assemblies; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, microfluidics, and materials.
* Demonstrated experience in the design, DFM, and production of injection molded plastics, including rapid prototyping, prototype molding, and multi-cavity production molds; experience with other plastics technologies (vacuum forming, blow molding, etc.) highly desirable.
* Experience with plastic assembly technologies: ultrasonic welding, laser welding, PSA, other.
* Experience with CAD (SolidWorks preferred), including drafting to ASME Y14.5 and GD&T standards.
* Proficient with root cause analysis, design of experiments, data analysis, and tolerance analysis.
* Experience with microfluidics systems a strong plus.
* Experience w/high production volume.
Education & Experience
* A minimum of Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required for this position; a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering is a plus.
* Experience of 8 years in product development is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met.
* Experience with Pro/E and/or SolidWorks is required; experience performing complex surfacing & PDM is highly desirable.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
North America, United States, North Carolina, Greensboro
$10k - $15k
8 days ago
only 20 days until close