Sr. Engineer (Facilities)
The primary function of the Sr. Engineer (Facilities) is to maintain plant systems and facility related items along with other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality and productivity the lowest possible cost while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PRIMARY GOALS/OBJECTIVES:
- Prepares necessary proposals, status reports, etc. to meet project objectives and record keeping policies.
- Develops plans with specific actions for completing assignments and ensuring goals are met.
Accurately compiles cost estimates for projects.
- Negotiates with vendors and contractors to ensure timely and cost-effective completion of projects.
- Develops plans for equipment installation and coordinates resources for installations. This includes providing cost estimates for the Capital Budgeting process, preparing RCE's, EWR's and Validation packages for all projects; acting as a liaison for Division projects; maintaining all project documentation in an audit-ready status; and supervising/Coordinating all activity (internal and external) of the project/equipment installation.
- Provides instructions/training for the operation and maintenance of equipment to affected department personnel and Maintenance.
- Provide planning and coordination for shutdown activities.
- Direct supervision of the Sr Facility Engineering Tech and General Services Building Custodians
The Sr. Engineer Facilities will also be accountable for the following Core Job Responsibilities:
Facilities, General Services and Utilities
Lead the Facilities Maintenance/General Services organization in maintain and improving plant GMP to ensure all areas of responsibility are audit ready. Work with utility vendors to ensure supply and rates are in accordance with regulations. Continue to improve utility modeling to reflect plant operations.
Establish clear expectation across department. Benchmark with peers in other departments as well as other ANSC plants regarding best practices. Hold department accountable for meeting plant and attendance guidelines. Complete all PEx, goal development, and Growth Plans by the deadlines provided by HR. For direct reports, ensure completion of all departmental training, including OEC and CIA required training by assigned dates.
- Assure timely and relevant communication on projects and issues to all levels of management.
- Ensure plant required communication training is delivered.
- Deliver all PEx reviews at mid-year and year end. Capital Planning and Projects.
- Lead facility related capital projects wit includes writing project scopes, RCE's and LRP planning. Update project expenses in EPAS in a timely manner Assure projects meet milestones.
Environmental, Health, Safety and Security
Assure compliance with all EHS regulations, plant policies and procedures applicable to your area to assure the health and safety of employees and the protection of the Environment. Ensure Division/GEHS tracked Action Management terms (loss prevention GEHS audit, etc.) are closed per developed action plan.
Submit and close out all requests according to the validation schedule. Submit and close audit action plans according to the QA audit schedule.
Operate budget (CP and Capital Projects) within approved capital and expense budgets.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree Production/Engineering.
- 2 - 5 years of Project Engineering experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to interact with all levels of employees.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical troubleshooting skills required.
- Manufacturing engineers have a high level of technical expertise and skill, which they use to plan, design, set up, modify, optimize and monitor manufacturing processes.