Join our DCGS-A Integration Team responsible for a diverse DCGS-A family of products. The objective, goal, and direction of the Integration Team is to have a professional and ethical set of diverse engineers able to support the products and solutions that comprise these fielded baselines.
The team supports all customer/system specific integration activities inside the Distributed Common Ground Station-Army Family of Systems (DCGS-A FOS) including DCGS-A Fixed (DFI/DFB), DCGS-A v3, CDSS (RTGS, TCSP/CSA, TTC), DE-AA, DE-SS, CHARCS, DTSS, CI-OPS, IWS, and DG2.0. This team implements professional integration engineering practices to create capabilities that increase efficiencies, reduce risk and reduce overall mission costs across the organization.
As the RedHat Software Engineer, you will work within the Integration service area to create predictable and high quality results from each activity. The primary objective of the RedHat Software Engineer is to support, assist, and provide hands on integration engineering development to assigned systems and platforms. The RedHat Software Engineer will implement engineering solutions and provide automation to optimize the integration and build events. The RedHat Software Engineer is also responsible for assisting and supporting engineering resolutions, providing subject matter expertise for solutions designed for RedHat systems. This support includes elements of the development lifecycle such as: integration sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, integration demos, and any other engineering related meetings. Specifically, you will:
- Reporting to the Integration Service Area Lead, be the Integration expert on RedHat engineering best practices, implementation, and improvements
- Design, develop, and automate automated solutions / scripted solutions to decrease integration durations and increase efficiencies
Coach team members on RedHat engineering principles and providing general guidance on RedHat best practices
Make recommendations for continuous improvement to enhance productivity, responsiveness, and quality
Notify the Service Lead quickly and effectively of any issues identified that could negatively affect solution delivery
- A technical Bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required (No degree substitution with years of experience)
- At least 2 years' experience providing functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- At least 2 years' experience participating in the development of integration strategies, devices, and systems. Solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following coding languages: Python, Bash, PERL or Java
Demonstrated experience with development in RedHat Linux environments
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues at a high level
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and interpersonal communication skills with multiple levels of stakeholders
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified (baseline security certification (i.e. CompTIA Security +ce) and (technical computing environment training or certification (i.e. Linux+, RHCSA)) prior to start of work
- Top Secret Clearance Required with TS/SCI
Advance degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is desirable
At least 1 direct year of DCGS-A experience with successful engineering techniques
DoD 8570 qualifying certification in a coding language or supporting OS / DB (i.e. RHCSA, Linux+, RHCSE)
- At least 2 years software development experience in one or more of the DCGS-A family of systems
Specific understanding of at least one of the DCGS-A family of systems
Experience with code repository management systems (i.e. TFS, SVN, ect)
Experience with several individual development environments IDEs
Experience working in / managing a VMware ESXi virtualized DoD lab environment
Semper Valens Solutions, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing Cost Effective Software and Systems Engineering, Field Support, Training and Full Life cycle Support Management to the DOD community
At Semper Valens, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting edge and cost effective solutions provider where our shared intellect, industry experience, and technology excellence, make a positive difference in our customer's success. Our solutions help bridge the gap between IT and business prioritizations to optimize budgets, risks and operational processes.
We search for outstanding technical professionals, hiring at all levels of the experience spectrum; intermediate, journeyman and senior. Consider us for your career plan.
Semper Valens Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Semper Valens Solutions, proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, physical or mental disability, genetic information, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Semper Valens Solutions through its online applicant system, please contact Semper Valens Solutions Human Resources Department at 378-1545.
Semper Valens Solutions is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws