Tagence is seeking a full-time software engineer for immediate hire. You will work as part of a small team maintaining and updating a public-facing government site on a long-term, stable contract. You MUST be fully competent with ColdFusion and have experience with MVC frameworks such as ColdBox and/or Fusebox. You also must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
The ideal candidate also has some experience with Alfresco ECM and/or Adobe LiveCycle as a content management system.
The education and experience requirements listed are customer requirements and are not negotiable. This is a full-time position with benefits, which include health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid government holidays, three weeks' PTO and 401(K). This position is contingent upon customer approval.
U.S. Citizenship Required
- Leesburg, VA - Must be local,
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Interface with customer to obtain understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support both client and company programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Proficient in ColdFusion including the use of CFCs
- Experience with Oracle/PL/SQL or MS SQL development and database administration
- Experience with ColdFusion Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks - ColdBox and/or Fusebox
- Experience with Code repositories such as Subversion or GIT
- Experience with Jira for bug and issues tracking
- Experience maintaining website configured using IIS & Cold Fusion Server
- Experience with Adobe PDF Form creation a plus
- Experience with web development in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Strong web development experience with excellent PC skills: MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook
Educational and Experience Requirements - these are contractual requirements and cannot be substituted:
- Bachelor's Degree Required in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years' experience in web design and maintenance
- 1+ years current Cold Fusion experience
- 1+ years current Oracle/PL/SQL or MS SQL development experience
- Any existing Clearance is helpful; public trust clearance will be required.
Tagence is an equal-opportunity employer.
Tagence delivers information technology tools and expertise to government, commercial and nonprofit clients. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, open workplace culture filled with people driven by curiosity and a desire to contribute to the success of our projects and our customers.
Our name, Tagence, comes from the words DATA and INTELLIGENCE, reflecting our existing expertise in information management and a forward-looking interest in helping organizations to understand, control and use all of their business data in novel ways.
Tagence is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.