This is a full-time position. Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; other hours as required. There may be additional hours during travel to various customer locations for machinery installation and service. Compensation is dependent on qualifications and experience, and, after a 90-day provisional period, includes vacation, and medical benefits.
1. Programming, testing and debugging of proprietary software and firmware, configuration and maintenance of standard (Windows, Linux) and real-time operating systems and user interfaces, using C/C++(.NET & STL), assembly, SQL, and other programming languages, as needed.
2. Specification, integration, and configuration of standard and custom industrial sensors and control components.
3. Software system design incorporating proprietary electronics, sensors, and control components into electronics system packages for industrial equipment.
4. System documentation for manufacturing, testing, operation and maintenance.
5. Collaboration with other team members including hardware, software, and mechanical engineers.
6. Installation and testing of new hardware and software and support of standards testing (CE, UL, etc.)
7. Occasional travel to customer locations for machinery testing and service.
8. Other tasks as needed in support and development of Metriguard products.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
2. Training in and/or experience with electronic hardware, and industrial embedded systems design and testing.
3. Training and experience with system software development and user interfaces for complex processing environments, both in real-time and offline data processing systems.
4. Training in and/or experience with firmware development and testing systems including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and hardware and software debuggers.
5. Training in and/or experience with data collection and management and database systems.
6. Training in and/or experience with computer interface and PLC configuration and FPGA programming.
7. Proficiency with PC applications, including spreadsheet and word processing programs.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to work independently and to complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
10. Ability to work closely with others in a cooperative environment.
11. Ability to travel domestically and globally (U.S. passport required).
12. Training in and/or experience with any of the position's listed duties.