As a Design Verification Engineer, you will work with a fast-paced Integrated Wireless Technology (IEEE 802.11x, BT, and FM) team with various wireless technologies, embedded into an ARM based SOC infrastructure. You will have a great opportunity to work on cutting edge digital chipsets, leverage your pre- and post-silicon debug expertise, and develop the industry's best-in-class SOC verification methodologies.
About our client, Qualcomm:
Billions, maybe trillions of times a day.That's how often people around the world touch something made better by Qualcomm. It could be the smartphone in your pocket, the tablet on your coffee table, that wireless modem in your briefcase. It could even be that navigation system in your car or that action camera strapped to your chest.
Who is Qualcomm, and what do they do? They are engineers, scientists and business strategists. They are from many different countries and speak many different languages. They come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, they focus on a single goal-invent mobile technology breakthroughs.
- As verification is a rapidly changing field and consumes the majority of the design process, developing and deploying new verification methodologies will be an essential part of your work
- Assertions, simulation, formal verification, HWSW coverification and constraint/HVLbased verification are all tools in our verification toolbox you will use on a daily basis
- You will be responsible for building functional verification infrastructure, understanding the expected design functionality, developing testplans as well as guiding the functional verification of complex SoCs by deploying UVM until coverage goals are achieved in order to insure the continued commercial success of our high quality products
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science; Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics & Satellites Engineering
- 5-10 years of directly related industry experience in ASIC / SoC Verification
- Expert knowledge in UVM, which is an object-oriented Hardware verification language library based on System Verilog
- Extensive architectural and verification knowledge of high performance bus protocols such as AHB and AXI
- In-depth knowledge in SoC architecture, including CPUs (preferably ARM), communications peripherals, multidomain clocking, bus & interconnect structures, and power management
- Expert understanding of code and functional coverage-driven verification closure and ability to set up and deploy verification strategies based on directed testing, randomization, assertions, and architectural performance testing to achieve coverage
- For this position, you must be able to work legally in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Knowledge of various networking protocols, microprocessor and CPU based designs, and Embedded software development experience
- Knowledge in flow development and deployment of low power verification (including use of UPF and attaining comprehensive modal transition coverage)
- 3 years' experience working on Gate Level Verification
Other position details:
- Type: On-site, full-time
- Duration: 13 months
- Location: San Jose, CA
Paradigm is proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the work place. We are an equal opportunity employer.