about 1 month ago
Performs technical tasks towards the development or testing of machinery and equipment.
1. Performs layout; fabrication; assembly; installation; operation; maintenance; modification; and testing of mechanical components; apparatus and equipment.
2. Sets up and operates equipment; test apparatus; test equipment; diagnostic devices and related equipment.
3. Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion or to request parts.
4. Devises; fabricates and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
5. Builds experimental apparatus; instrumentation or systems of moderate complexity.
6. Constructs components or subassemblies of experimental apparatus or prototype models.
7. Records test procedures and results; performs routine analysis and calculations; and makes recommendations for changes in equipment; product or test methods.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
1-3 years of related experience fabricating; maintaining and repairing mechanical components.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
North America, United States, Illinois, Chicago
$10k - $15k