3 months ago
Job Description POSITION TITLE: Site Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Quality Sorting Division
HOURLY / SALARY: Hourly
REPORTS TO: Site Manager
EXEMPT / NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
BACK-UP: Site/Area Manager
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
The Site Supervisor is responsible for planning, executing and managing day-to-day sorting and containment activities, often for multiple projects and work areas. Site Supervisors are responsible for monitoring time and attendance and for leading, training and certifying new inspectors, forklift operators and other team members as assigned on the correct processes and work instruction. The Site Supervisor is responsible for layered process/project audits and for ensuring that adequate tools and supplies are on hand. The Site Supervisor monitors time and attendance. The Site Supervisor also continually develops, mentors and builds meaningful relationships with team members, providing positive and corrective feedback and disciplinary action where appropriate. The Site Supervisor maintains 5S at all times. The Site Supervisor is responsible for holding each team member accountable for favorable or unfavorable performance.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS (Skills & Abilities):
- Seating experience is required
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Extensive Excel and Outlook experience
- Create, read, interpret and improve charts, graphs and other data
- Conflict resolution between team members
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to type efficiently and accurately
- Ability to follow and ensure that team members follow a process
- Train others on process methods
- Action Oriented& Driven Toward Results
- Command Skills
- Directing Others
- Command Skills
- Developing & Building Others
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Understanding Others
- Personal Learning
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Drive for Results
Action Oriented & Driven Toward Results
- Leverage technology to positively impact quality and efficiency
- Knowledge of and implementation of LEAN/5S
- Monitor attendance and staffing needs and work with Site Manager and/or Supervisor to request additional team members as needed, always optimizing Bluegrass' financial and physical resources
- Complete Personnel Action Forms (PAF's) for team member changes in job title, department, pay rate, status, etc.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with each shift
- Maintain a meaningful and accurate SQDCM board in each work site to communicate priorities, closely track progress and keep each team informed through daily communication
- Actively listen and consistently explore new opportunities to add value for our customer
- Ensure that each team member is aware of all corporate communications
- Promptly discourage and address behaviors that have a negative impact on the team or our customer
- Leverage technology to positively impact quality & efficiency
- Monitor attendance, staffing numbers and performance. Maintain team member rosters. Work with Site Manager and Shift Supervisor(s) to request additional team members as needed, always optimizing Bluegrass' financial and physical resources
- Analyze and provide feedback to Site Manager regarding process management and improvement
- Supervise shifts as needed
- Perform time studies to ensure that customer expectations are met and that team's performance is adequate or exceeding expectations
- Confirm work instructions and relay necessary changes to Quality Engineer. Red line work instructions until revised versions are posted.
- Perform project audits to confirm that inspection process is being followed and highlight areas for improvement.
- Hold supervisors and team members accountable for log entries, communication, time sheets, daily data sheets and hourly data sheet
- Complete Site Supervisor Daily Activity Log
- Setting up all aspects of pop up sorts (team members, procedures, gathering all information needed, containing inventory, etc.)
- Communicate and assist with supplier needs
- Interact and communicate continuously with team members and Site Manager
- Hold Supervisors accountable for hosting pre-shift meetings with each shift.
- Collaborate with customer management teams, suppliers and Bluegrass management
- Work with various members of management regarding safety training, human resources, accounting tasks and data reporting
- Ensure that all team members perform according to Bluegrass' mission, vision and value standards
- Clearly communicate goals and expectations. The Supervisor is in daily contact with team members to ensure they are performing each task correctly and efficiently and corrects procedures, processes and behaviors immediately, when needed.
- Resourceful and creative to make things happen when confronted by obstacles. Thinks outside the box for solutions that others might not see
- Efficient in managing resistance through unpopular changes or projects
- Create a learning environment leading to the most efficient work processes
- Knowledge of and implementation of LEAN/5S
- Responsible for their own performance and for the performance of his/her team members
- Accurate and timely data collection
- Manage Supervisors, Inspectors, Forklift Operators and other team members as assigned to ensure quality and production requirements are met or exceeded in a safe and efficient manner
- Interact with customer quality, production and shipping teams to assist when needed
Developing & Building Others
- Understand and teach according to Bluegrass' mission, vision and value standards
- Observe and identify when team members are under stress and help the team member to deal with the situation before the stress escalates
- Foster trust between team members and leadership through building relationships, communicating clearly and timely, ensuring that team members know what is expected of them
- Consistently assess and develop the talents of each team member and increase the team's drive to utilize their talents.
- Build meaningful relationships with team members by hosting meaningful development discussions and learning career goals for all team members including what is important to each of them
- Monitor the workload of the team and appreciate and recognize when extra efforts made
- Regularly review the tasks and needs of each team member. Identify the need for training, potential for advancement or need for a new position within Bluegrass.
- Communicate complex ideas in simple terms and explain to others why tasks need to be completed a specific way. Communicate through all channels regarding issues and concerns on the floor.
- Train, assign, schedule, coach and audit the performance of team members and hold team members accountable for improvement when needed. Work one-on-one with team members to help them identify areas in which they need to improve or develop and provides or arranges for individual guidance when needed
- Develop a highly motivated and valued workforce by directing and facilitating training (including safety training), certifications (including forklift certifications) and validation of process training of on-site team members
- Share experiences, wisdom, knowledge and experience with team members and help to continually improve their performance
- Dealing honestly and respectfully with all team members
- Setting an example with enthusiasm and a positive outlook
- Serve as an ambassador for Bluegrass and our customers
- Act with integrity at all times and treat everyone with respect
- Consistently set a positive example for all team members through commitment and responsibility
A Site Supervisor can work in any range of environments, from a climate controlled space to a warehouse or factory floor where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to extreme heat. Site Supervisors must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours) on unpadded floors and will occasionally be required to bend, reach overhead, crouch, kneel, push/pull and grasp. Additionally, Site Supervisors will occasionally be required to lift or carry up to 50 lbs. Eye/hand coordination is also require. Exposure to chemical hazards, electrical hazards, sharp objects/tools, noise and vibration are anticipated.
TOOLS AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED:
- Extensive Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point skills
- Mirrors, flashlights, micrometers, tape measures, dyes, paints, chemical cleaners, rulers, gauges, micrometers, calipers, hand tools, power tools, air tools, steel toed footwear, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, and any other tools and equipment required per customer request.
Associates Degree in Business Management or a related field is required.
At least 1 - 3 years of management experience, or equivalent, in Automotive Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
Company Description At Bluegrass Supply Chain Services, we strive to help our customers, team members, suppliers and communities be better, by serving a great purpose. Our vision is to be the supply chain partner and employer of choice, providing innovative..... click apply for full job details
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close