10 days ago
Position Summary: Mechanic that performs work on gas compression equipment components and instruments (e.g., pumps, controllers, valves, etc) at shop location. Performs other tasks as needed or requested.
Primary Responsibilities and Assignments:
* Fully understands and utilizes standard operating procedures relative to gas compressor maintenance and repair
* Gaining proficiency at base deflection, coupling alignment
* Can identify, diagnose and fix most compressor equipment component and instrument problems
* Replaces and overhauls most compressors, checking bearings, crankshaft, etc.
* Disassembles gas compressor parts and equipment
* Cleans gas compressor parts and equipment
* Reassembles parts
* Overhauls smaller engines
* Works under hi-level supervision
* Guides and trains other mechanics
* Adheres to all company and government safety regulations
* Attends regular safety meetings
* A high school diploma or an equivalent
* Minimum of 1 year of mechanical experience, preferrably in engine, compressor mechanics, production equipment and gas compression
* Must be able to work under pressure
* Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
* Ability to lift, pull, push minimum of 50lbs.
* Ability to stand, kneel, bend, stretch over and under pipeline equipment.
* Ability to spend 100% of time outside in all climates and temperatures to do repairs on equipment.