3 months ago
To fabricate sheet metal aerospace components (parts) according to specifications and quality requirements using knowledge, skills and abilities of the sheet metal profession.
**Essential Duties & Responsibilities:**
A sheet metal mechanic reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, and assembling sheet metal parts. Selects gauge and type of sheet metal according to specifications and lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates. Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, Bridgeports, drill presses and forming rolls, to cut, bend, block, drill and form, or straighten materials. Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form; Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces. May weld, bolt, rivet, screw, or clip, component parts to assemble products as specifications require. Installs assemblies in supportive framework according or jig according to blueprints. Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
**Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:**
1. Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
2. Apply knowledge of sheet metal processes and fabrication techniques such as; trimming, forming, filing, grinding, deburring, buffing, and smoothing surfaces, including fastening methods using bolts, rivets, screws, clips, or other fasteners to assemble parts.
3. Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications and quality standards.
4. Use manual and powered hand tools such as shears, brakes, presses, Bridgeports, drill presses and forming rolls, to cut, bend, block, drill and form sheet metal.
5. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.
6. Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
7. Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
8. Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
9. Is consistently at work and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
10. Contributes to continuous improvement and supports 6S initiatives
11. Generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
**Education & Experience Required:**
1. Able to perform the essential duties stated above.
2. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. 3-5 years of progressive experience in turbine engine component sheet metal fabrication.
4. Proficient with basic principles of math and understands geometric dimensions and tolerances.
5. Possess strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
6. Able to effectively communicate in the English language both in the verbal and written form.
7. Read and interpret blueprints, inspection attributes related to indications and evaluate them effectively according to applicable quality assurance codes and specifications.
Light industrial work setting. Job involves lifting up to 30lbs. in a manufacturing environment that may occasionally require the associate to work in a number of awkward positions
**Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.**
*Title:* Sheet Metal Mechanic - Intermediate (2nd Shift)
*Country:* United States
*Department:* Manufacturing Operations 936021e13fc44b0093fe15009dc36639
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close