about 1 month ago
**Lee Company, a $150 million mechanical contracting, facilities, and home services company, was founded in 1944 and is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 1,000 employees. Among its many recognitions, Lee Company was recently honored by the Associated General Contractors of America with the 2014 Subcontractor of the Year award in the $1 million ? $2 million category and by the _Tennessean_ newspaper as one of Tennessee?s Top Work Places.**
**What we are proud to offer you**:
* Healthcare Coverage
* FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
* Life Insurance
* Short and Long-term Disability
* Vacation/Sick Time
* Holiday Pay
**Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are looking to add to our family through the following position:**
**Sheet Metal Mechanic**
Perform journeyman level construction, installation, alteration and repair of sheet metal products and equipment in accordance with blueprints, drawings and work orders; provide technical guidance and direction to lower level employees.
**Duties and Responsibilities** (include, but are not limited to)
* Install, alter and repair sheet metal products and equipment - ducts and hoods for HVAC systems utilizing blueprints, drawings and work orders.
* Plan and coordinate tasks and amount of material required for performance of work.
* Prepare and implement equipment based on need. Including, but not limited to, power saws, drill presses, hand and power shears, pan and box brakes, lockformers, cleat benders, and rollers to cut, punch, thread and form sheet metal.
* Coordinate and assemble ducts, hoods and other sheet metal products. Tasks include, but are not limited to solder and bolt connections; apply insulation as required; inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications.
* Quality Assurance - operational checks of ducts and other sheet metal installations to determine quality and any necessary corrective action that may need to be taken.
* Provide direction and technical guidance to less experienced workers.
**Education and/or Experience**
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent, and five years related experience and/or training is required.
**Skills and Abilities**
* Minimum of 3 years? experience in sheet metal installation and fabrication.
* Experience should be related specifically to assembling hoods and sheet metal air-conditioning and heating units.
* Proven working knowledge and experience in ability to read and interpreter blueprints accurately
* Ability to troubleshoot service issues with systematic, thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
* Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment
* Experience in providing quality, professional customer related services
* Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well as in a team environment
* Ability to handle disruptions in stride with professionalism.
* Ability to work independently in commercial and construction settings.
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position.Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions.Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet. cf6d19554d4e4d588120c8b4af3c1b01
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close