Peak Living LLC. is currently seeking qualified Service Managers. Qualified candidates should forward resumes in PDF or word formats. Position:
Service Manager Category:
Community Manager Hours:
Typical range of hours is based on the community needs and may require weekends and after hour emergency services. Workdays may be adjusted based on community needs. Full Time: 5 days per week, 8 hours per day. (minimum of 32 hours, average 40 hours). Physical Demands:
Heavy (often up to 25 pounds) - Climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, etc. Drug Screens:
Pre-employment, post injury, reasonable suspicion and possible random screens.
Knowledge / Skills / Ability:
- Hands on working knowledge of typical apartment maintenance tasks is required.
- Must possess leadership skills and ability to deal effectively with customers.
- Must have basic knowledge of HVAC and become CFC certified within 90 days of employment.
- Attend any required Peak Living maintenance trainings.
General Summary of Associate Responsibility:
- Maintain high quality condition of property, provide excellent customer service, supervise preparation of move-ins and operate within approved budget.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One year as a Maintenance Supervisor with professional management firm or six months assistant with Peak Living LLC. Final decision as to suitability is made by Regional Manager.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Personnel Standards
- Assist Community Manager in hiring, inspecting, counseling and promoting, staffing levels as directed by the Regional Manager and if needed, terminating employees. All terminations must have prior approval of Regional Manager.
- Teach skills to staff members.
- Give instructions, inspect work, schedule training.
- Schedule work.
- Assist Community Manager in setting priorities and scheduling work with a weekly calendar and Peak Living approved systems.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Educate all employees on safe procedures. Monitor work and practice to assure safety.
- Common Area and Grounds
- Make sure that common areas are safe, in repair and clean.
- Inspect property constantly. Report liability hazards immediately to Business Manager. Instruct staff on standards and deadlines.
- Establish work routines for staff members.
- Show staff members exactly how to perform work efficiently.
- Perform preventive maintenance for pools, parking lots, building exteriors, etc.
- Schedule preventive maintenance with Business Manager.
- Make Capital improvement recommendations.
- With Business Manager to Regional Manager.
- Service Requests
- Respond to all service requests within 24 hours.
- Set priorities, authorize overtime with Business Manager's approval and direct staff.
- Follow-up on all service requests.
- Preparing Apartments
- Prepare all apartments in market ready condition within 7 days of becoming vacant.
- Schedule staff work, confer with Business Manager on use of contractors and maintain supplies.
- Inspect market ready work.
- Counsel staff on quality of work and efficiency.
- Visit competing properties and inspect quality of maintenance.
- Schedule off-site visits with Business Manager.
- Supervise work of contractors.
- Cooperative effort with Business Manager.
- Conduct all work in compliance with OSHA.
- Report deficiencies to Business Manager.
- Deliver all service in compliance with Equal Housing Authority.
- Report deficiencies to Business Manager.
- Order parts as need to repair community.
- From pre-approved vendors only, upon approval by Business Manager.
- Seek cost effective maintenance parts and tool suppliers.
- Constantly monitor sources for best prices and quality.
- Monitor all supplies and vendors for quality of work.
- Report to Business Manager any shortfalls.
- Maintain in a safe and secure area all community tools. Assure safety of all tools.
- Keep tools in a secure and safe area. Inspect daily for safety.
- Maintain shop area in neat and organized condition at all times. Keep secure.
- Constantly inspect and organize. Use facility in careful and concise manner.
- Contract for services and monitor performance.
- With pre-approval of Business Manager.
- Safe Working Conditions
- Continually educate staff on safe working conditions.
- Monitor all work, stop any unsafe practices immediately.
- Keep informed on all work safety issues including OSHA guidelines and Peak Living safe working conditions bulletin.
- Attend classes as approved. Constantly keep abreast of changes in law and practices.
- Monitor building systems with particular attention to electrical and fire safety.
- Report all unsafe areas to community and Regional Manager immediately.
- Maintain flammable and hazardous material in a safe and secure area. Ensure safe usage.
- Educate staff members on safety and control of materials. Use material data safety sheets.
Physical and Mental Essential Functions: Vision Requirements
- Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor, not listed as essential job functions.
- Constant need (33% to 100% of time) to complete forms; read and review reports, correspondence, cautionary labels, respond to written resident and vendor requests, and other documents; view computer screen; and frequent need to see small detail(s) for purposes of maintaining the community.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to see objects beyond arm's reach for purposes of visually inspecting property and conducting property walks, completing neighborhood/competitor surveys, and to ensure visual quality control of premises.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to differentiate between colors for the purpose of document dissemination, property maintenance, reading of labels, and reading/reviewing correspondence and reports.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to communicate via telephone and in person with vendors, associates, residents, customers, clients, service personnel and others for the purposes of receiving information or direction.
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to communicate and take direction in English via telephone and in person with vendors, associates, residents, customers, clients, service personnel and others for the purposes of providing information, direction or response.
- Occasional need (1% to 33% of time) to utilize personal transportation and drive for the purposes of completed property-related business and errands. "On-call" status may require expedient travel to assigned property within a specified amount of time.
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect and disseminate pertinent data/documents, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course or action. Must effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Work is completed both in and out of doors, in all weather conditions including but not limited to sunny, rainy, cloudy, smoggy, windy, stormy, muggy, humid, dry and other for extended periods of time. Indoor work occurs 33% to 100% of time, and Outdoor work occurs 33% to 66% of the time.
- Regular exposure (33% to 66% of time) to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, carpet fumes, chemical fumes, toner products for printer and copier, pool chemicals, and others. Examples of exposures would be inspecting an apartment during or immediately after turnover, being present around or using such chemicals for the purposes of maintaining pools, spas and turning apartments, and changing printer or fax toner.
- Requires ability to walk, stand, sit and climb stairs alternatively for the purposes of completing office work, inspection of apartments, and to conduct sales tours. Approximately 60% of time spent walking and climbing and 30% sitting.
- Requires the ability to lift or carry for the purposes of document dissemination, preparation of apartment for customer, and moving furniture/appliances within the office and apartment environment.
- over 150 pounds Rare need (less than 5% of time)
- between 75 and 150 pounds Occasional need (1% to 33% of time)
- between 25 - 75 pounds Frequent need (33% to 66% of time)
- Less than 25 pounds Constant need (66% to 100% of time)
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to perform physical activities. The list below provides examples, but is not inclusive or exclusive.
NOTE: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 50 lbs. is best accomplished with assistance from one or more persons. Examples of heaviest items include washers/dryers, a/c units, abandoned sofas, etc. Activity Purpose
- Bend/stoop/squat/crouch Picking up litter and tools; sorting, filing, and arranging documents, equipment and furniture..... click apply for full job details