3 months ago
Join a growing team utilizing technology at it's best. The individual in this position is responsible for leading the virtual construction effort on selected projects by utilizing BIM tools to create and manage models for WTCS projects, leading the 3D MEP spatial coordination/clash detection process on BFCS projects, assisting in the creation of models for proposals and marketing materials, and training teams in BIM processes and software.
Generally, the individual in this position possesses the following qualifications; a four-year degree in engineering, construction management, architecture, closely related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience, construction experience on water/wastewater treatment, power, or industrial projects, three years of hands-on experience in construction modeling, including structural concrete, civil and mechanical piping systems, high competency in BIM software packages including Tekla Structures, AutoCAD, PipeDesigner 3D, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Sketchup, BIMsight and Navisworks, high degree of technical expertise and organizational skills, high degree of communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with project team members, ability to manage and mentor Virtual Construction Engineers as assigned for particular project assignments, and a strong desire to learn new software and develop new processes.
* Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the company.
* Assist Business Development in responding to BIM related RFP topics.
* Assist Business Development in creating BIM related proposal and marketing materials
* Review and prepare models and take-offs for estimators.
Subcontractors and Vendors
* Lead the MEP coordination process for selected projects.
* Coach, train and support subcontractors in the MEP coordination process.
* Support overall Virtual Construction processes and workflows.
* Lead the Virtual Construction effort on assigned projects.
* Lead and facilitate Virtual Construction related meetings and training on assigned projects.
* Develop project-specific BIM Execution Plans for WTCS and BFCS projects.
* Develop and maintain content catalogs and libraries for modeling.
* Develop and maintain BIM/CAD standards and manuals.
* Build BIM models (Concrete, Mechanical, and Civil) for selected projects.
* Perform final review on selected projects of models built by others.
* Prepare working detail/shop drawings to support field installation.
* Collaborate with project teams on BIM models.
* Lead collaboration process with architects, engineers, fabricators and subcontractors.
* Process and prepare existing model and drawing files for subcontractor use.
* Create site logistics and scheduling/sequencing models.
* Train and support project teams in the use field technologies.
* Train and support project teams in BIM processes and software.
* Train and support project teams in the MEP coordination process and software.
* Train and support estimators in using BIM for take-off.
* Provide general technical support for BIM / CAD software installations and use.
* Continue to grow the company's BIM capabilities in emerging applications.
* Advise the company on the use and availability of new BIM technologies.
* Continue to improve the company's BIM uses and processes.
100% EMPLOYEE OWNED
PC Construction (formerly Pizzagalli) is 100% employee owned providing general contracting, construction management and design-build services for Commercial, Education & Campus, Health Care, Hospitality & Resort, Manufacturing & Industrial, and Water Treatment projects. Steeped in over a half century of experience, PC uses innovative construction methods and problem-solving approaches to respond uniquely and specifically to each customer's needs - from multi-million dollar projects, to projects over $250 million. We hold consistent rankings in ENR as a top contractor, and maintain our corporate office in Vermont, with regional offices in Maine, New York, North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia.
PC Construction Company does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, family medical history, disability, or other characteristics which are or may be protected by law. We urge qualified minorities and women to apply. An Equal Opportunity Employer
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
4 days ago
only 24 days until close