3 months ago
VHB's passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
VHB's growing urban practice in their Boston, MA office is looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Boston Integrated Services Team, the selected candidate will work with a group of permitting specialists, transportation planners and engineers and site civil engineers on urban private sector development projects and public sector planning and infrastructure projects primarily in Boston and Cambridge.
* Serve as a Project Manager on a variety of multimodal transportation projects. This will include drafting proposals, scopes of services and client contracts, managing project schedules and budgets, leading the development of project deliverables and providing quality control, and managing and mentoring junior staff.
* Manage multiple projects continuously.
* Work directly with client points of contact and maintain good client relationships.
* Create innovative approaches to conducting complex multi-modal transportation analyses.
* Motivated to lead /mentor others and collaborate in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
* Develop new client and project opportunities.
* Represent VHB at conferences, seminars and industry events.
* Attend meetings with clients, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss transportation design/permitting issues Prepare and deliver technical presentations.
Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge and experience in transportation engineering and planning-related topics is required and essential.
* Experience and flexibility to work in multiple practice areas is preferred. Relevant experience shall include one or more of the following areas: traffic operations, roadway/intersection design, transportation systems data analysis, pedestrian/bicycle facilities planning and design, transit system planning or operations, parking facility planning or design, travel demand management programs.
* Preference for candidates with demonstrated knowledge or focused experience with engineering principles, standards, and tools for evaluating and designing multi-modal transportation systems, such as high-conflict pedestrian facilities, separated bicycle facilities, bus and shuttle service networks, innovative signing/marking treatments, or other alternative transportation facilities.
* Excellent analytical, technical, written, and verbal communication skills including public speaking. Strong capability in use of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint.
* Familiarity with engineering principles and standards, including guidelines provided by AASHTO, ITE, NACTO, FHWA, and state/local standards in the Boston region.
* Focused experience with technical tools, including Synchro, SIDRA, VISSIM, ArcGIS, CAD/Microstation, etc. is preferred.
* Ability to think critically and creatively is essential.
* 7-10+ years of transportation experience with a focus on traffic engineering, transportation planning or multimodal transportation systems.
* BS in Civil Engineering or related degree.
* MS in Civil Engineering or Transportation Planning a plus.
* P.E. certification preferred.
* Understanding of multimodal transportation systems, operations, and design.
* Proven track record of successful project management and product delivery.
VHB's passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
At VHB, we're invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We're proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 36 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close