Remote role - can be based any major city in the U.S.
Our client is the Enterprise grade NoSql solution used by most leading enterprises in the world to deploy their database. It takes innovation, technology and dedication to outperform in this market, but it will only be possible thanks to the incredible team that drives the vision and the meticulous execution forward every day. We need you to be part of this team that is shaping the future of the Database market - NoSQL.
About the role - Solutions Engineer
The solution architects spearhead the company's customer's first experience with our solution working with over 5,500 paying customers and serving as the subject matter experts in the field leading the technical part of sales engagements.
The solutions engineer work with customers to deliver business value, overcome challenges and sharing the excitement of creating the exact solution they need to manage their databases and business needs. You will be driving POCs, pilots, challenges and evaluations working hands-on with our customers and with one of the best technologies in the market.
What's on offer
This opportunity offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary and un-capped commission plans, employee stock program, medical, dental & vision, unlimited PTO and more. We also offer the opportunity to succeed, grow, develop and deliver your personal goals. It can happen faster than you think!
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements by using the company's products, solutions and services.
- Explain, educate and demonstrate the company's technology
- Serve as the tech leader in understanding, quantifying and verifying the business needs of customers and the specific use case of each customer
- Work diligently with the customer technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs and C level experts) to ensure the success of all customer POCs and pilots.
- Collaborate closely and support the sales team on account strategy and identifying new account opportunities as well as new business with existing accounts
- Present the company, its capabilities and technology in a highly professional and exciting way that would engage customers and help them see the business impact of its offering while overcoming challenges and at times, competition.
- Take part in the development of product materials, technical best practice, technical materials and provide feedback to product management teams and R&D, bringing the VOC into the company's offering.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experince in engineering of enterprise software, ideally database (Coding skills required to really understand how to offer the best solutions for clients)
- Good communication skills to interface with customers.
- No prior sales experience required, but this person should enjouy working with clients and able to provide solutions.
- Good knowledge of databases is a must. BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field.
- Hands-on experience with OSs like Linux Experience engaging with different levels of developers and IT leaders in enterprises.
- Ability to read situations and create the rapport and the enthusiasm with prospects.
- Programming experience in Java and/or .NET is a considerable advantage.
- Understanding of networking and DB architecture is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to get detailed and solve complex problems, work under pressure and be a critical thinker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills , able to present a complex technical solution in a clear convincing way (one-on-one and to an audience)
- Quick to learn, think and execute. Organized, self-aware, engaging
- Prior experience in a fast-paced startup environment is desired
- A can do attitude, a winner and a team player that is looking for a challenge and wants to have fun in the process
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Additional work related information
- Working from home, per sales team structure and management directives
- This role reports to either regional sales leaders or regional / global SE leaders
- Great growth opportunities