1. Design, implement, and deliver reliable, high quality, robust embedded and desktop software targeted to complex medical instruments meeting regulatory standards.
2. Responsible for daily software activities including participation in issue resolution and communication across discipline teams in order to deliver software projects on-time and on-budget
3. Participation in software project risk assessment including estimates of impact on time, budget, and scope.
4. Work with other members of the software team to execute code and design reviews
5. Drive design documentation and plans (detailed software design documents, software development plans and software configuration plans)
6. Drive software requirements with other members of the software team as appropriate (team lead, architect, etc.) and proactively work to integrate with system requirements
7. Utilize software engineering best practices (unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
8. Support modernization and continuous improvement of software team tools / processes
9. Work cooperatively within the software group as well as across disciplines such as systems, electrical, optical and mechanical.
10. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team, participate in the creation of product proposals with cost and time estimates. Qualifications
- BSCS, BSEE, BS Math, or equivalent discipline (MBA or MS preferred)
- 8 or more years of relevant product development experience
- Demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle (Agile, Spiral), object oriented design methodology and programming languages including one of the following: C/C++, C#, or JAVA
- Design experience of software for hardware instruments / devices that include motion control interfaces
- Experience with medical device regulatory standards such as 21 CFR Part 820, IEC 62304 and ISO 13485 including experience with system risk / hazard analysis
- Experience with software configuration tools for source code control (CVS, SVN, PerForce), issue tracking (Mantis, Jira), requirements management (DOORS), code review tools (Code Collaborator, Crucible) and 3rd party project build tools
- Leadership capabilities
- Creative / innovative, able to think on your feet and work well given typical project schedules
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS Project skills a plus
- Software time and cost estimation experience a plus