Clinical Support Services, Inc. (CSS) is a leading Medication Therapy Management company based in Buffalo, NY. We support health plans and their patients in the management of their complex medication regimens.
CSS is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for the development of high quality, innovative software in compliance with coding standards and technical designs. Duties include being part of daily engineering stand ups, weekly sizing sessions, and weekly demos.
The successful Senior Software Engineer will:
1. Translate and implement product requirements into application code.
2. Develop application code and adhere to our internal SDLC that includes source control of all code, continuous integration, configuration management, and detailed code delivery workflows.
3. Work with product and technical leads to determine technical requirements at a ticket level.
4. Assist in the development of test cases and testing strategies for individual work items.
5. Write unit tests to support application code development.
6. Provide tier 3 support for application technical issues.
7. Display mastery of standard web development methodologies and practices including client / server models, modern web frameworks, high throughput web design, caching, and no sql datastores.
8. Provide application development level mentorship to other engineering when appropriate.
9. Take personal responsibility for application development architecture and code quality.
. Ability to work independently and affect change in a devOps focused environment
. Experience working and developing in a LAMP stack
. Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS
. Experience with modern version control system, GIT preferred
. Comfort and familiarity working with agile software development practices
. Excellent communication and organizational skills
. Attentive to details, and able to multi-task
. Familiarity with Healthcare domain, HIPAA, HITECH, FWA concepts and requirements
. Experience in both PHP and Perl
. Experience with Service Oriented Architectures and job queues
. Experience building RESTful interfaces
. Experience with large databases and query optimization techniques
. Understand UX/UI Design
. Experience with TDD, PHPUnit, Selenium, Jenkins, etc.
Founded by pharmacists and technologists and staffed by experienced clinicians, software developers and operations/project management personnel, Clinical Support Services, Inc. (CSS) develops innovative and proprietary technology tools that provide various sectors of the healthcare industry with opportunities to improve patient care, while obtaining a demonstrated savings in time and cost. We offer our services to health plans, providers, and employers across the country. Visit us online at .