Stability meets Agility.
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global (NASDAQ:CDK) is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail industry. CDK Global provides solutions in more than 100 countries, serving more than 27,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers.
CDK Global's solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
From data scientists to sales and operations experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
The most important thing to us about you is that you have a passion for working on cool stuff. And can work well with cool people. We love the energy shown in your projects (and those side projects you do, just for you'). And we love that you can get in a room with amazing developers and learn and teach and contribute and grow. Our Agile, collaborative approach is important to everyone here.
So, if you have software development skills and interests, and can enjoy joining a team that is building on our market leading, Fortune 1000 product mix, we want to hear from you. Perhaps you will work on Cloud Computing or Big Data, AngularJS or the next cutting-edge thing. We are in all those areas and more.
As a Software Development Engineer IV you will help to create the next generation of enterprise class software solutions at CDK utilizing a broad range of the latest technologies. You will join our Call Intelligence team as an experienced full-stack developer.
What you bring to the table:
- Software skills
- A great attitude
- A drive to learn and innovate
- Eight years or more of experience
- A bachelor of science degree in science or engineering
- You drive a culture of writing clean code for and evangelize the same to other teams. I'm able identify any issues early in the development cycle to prevent large messes.
- You are an expert in many imperative, declarative, and functional languages and know when to use them.
- You drive a culture of writing clean code for and evangelize the same to other teams. You are able to identify any issues early in the development cycle to prevent large messes.
- You can quickly identify anti-patterns and drive refactoring to implement the correct patterns to implement to address the problem.
- You are able to visualize and design complex systems with multiple product lines and integrations with external systems.
- You drive the team to account for these imperatives in all solutions that your teams build. You also keep abreast of industry trends in these areas.
- You have deep knowledge of Windows and Linux platforms, have developed on multiple mobile platforms
- You live in a world of polyglot persistence, having worked with multiple RDBMS's and NoSQL data stores and understand when to use each.
- You expertly leverage frameworks and create new ones when needed.
- You drive the continuous delivery pipeline and ensure that it aligns with your team's continuous delivery goals. You encourage feedback loops through monitoring and collaboration with IT.
- You drive quality in your solutions starting with the inception of stories in grooming. You keep an end-to-end and cross-team perspective, drive and use automated testing but choose when not to automate as well.
- You have proven success in the creation of a scalable SOA by leveraging common patterns and avoiding common anti-patterns
- You can lead one or more teams at a time, providing direction both early and late in projects.
- You influence the direction of your team and your ideas are well received by the business unit and sometimes the division.
- You have deep knowledge of the workflow or domain in which your team is focused but you also are well aware of adjacent domains and your team's impact on those. You understand the high level business of a car dealership
- You are passionate about emerging trends but have a deep focus in certain topics. You blog and Tweet about these topics and speak in the community at meet-ups or conferences. You also learn lessons that come from others and help apply these in solutions that your team builds.
- You are focused on being part of the solution and not part of the problem for both your team and group. You always are willing to have discussions with both your team and adjacent teams and adjust your communication style accordingly.
- You are always looking for ways to improve your team's Agile practices. Retrospectives are your time to mentor the team on how we can be more efficient and productive. You understand that Agile is more than just Scrum and apply this understanding where appropriate.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
CDK Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We believe that diversity in all aspects of business leads to strength.