Fortune 500 Financial Services Organization is seeking a Senior Splunk Engineer. The Splunk Engineer will be responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of enterprise systems management, infrastructure tools systems and related software. Other responsibilities include researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analysing, administering, support, problem resolution, maintaining environments and hardware/software technology components to meet current and future business needs. Focus on monitoring & alerting and automation.
This person will manage and plan efforts to research, design, and plan and maintains new or existing hardware/software technology components. They will also utilize proven systems, Scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware/software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. They set up effective end-to-end system performance and reliability monitoring and provide data and alerts to help avoid issues or to troubleshoot outages should they occur. They design, develop and integrate solutions that improve the client experience
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in medium to large sized customers.
- Administering Splunk log management and solutions.
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of Legacy data sources that use various protocols.
- Consulting with customers to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
- Direct, review and validate the work of more junior engineers serving as Subject Matter Expert for requirements within areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow
- Superior skills in systems management and experience with implementation of strategic Log Management/Aggregation products...Splunk and familiarity with other monitoring tools such as Netcool, Impact and Omnibus Tivoli suites (Design, Implementation, Configuration, and Management) a plus
- Spunk Enterprise Experience: 2-4 years architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool, preferably both in supporting the application and utilizing the application for information security monitoring, incident response, and compliance.
- Ability to create visualizations in Splunk and custom queries to manipulate views.
- Knowledge of a Scripting language and UNIX command line.
- At a minimum, the candidate will have a bachelor's degree in IT related field
- Cyber Security/Information Security SIEM experience corresponding to maintenance, administration, and utilization of tools a plus.
- Ability to utilize advanced systems, Scripting and developer skills to develop methodologies to implement, integrate, and maintain new and emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/software technology components