about 1 month ago
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Senior Technical Sales Representative in our Nalco Water group located in the Syracuse, NY area. If you are a passionate sales professional with a proven track record of success in technical sales we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits. You will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth of Nalco programs and services in targeted accounts within the Manufacturing and Food & Beverage industries. You will be required to take a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and on converting strategic competitive accounts. In addition, you must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. Relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate.
* Generate and execute sales plans and strategies to close new opportunities in existing customer base, and in major, competitively-held accounts, to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Target % sales time will be approximately 20-40%.
* Work closely with large, strategic current and prospective customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory.
* Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in current and prospective customers, including plant or facility executives.
* Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
* Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
* Actively sell and support Nalco innovations and technology in assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco.
* Demonstrate strong team leadership by coaching and training other District Reps, championing corporate initiatives, and by planning and leading portions of District Meetings.
* Demonstrate the ability to stabilize jeopardy business in large, strategic accounts.
* Travel within assigned sales territory.
Territory/Location Information: This position is based in Syracuse, NY and covers about a 100 mile radius of the surrounding area.
* Bachelor's Degree
* 3+ years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
* Proven track record of successful sales
* 5% overnight travel required to support sales territory
* Must have a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
* No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
* 5+ years of successful technical sales or field sales support experience
* Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
* Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
* High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
* History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
* Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
* Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
* Sales or account leadership history of calling on multi-level plant or facilities management, and developing executive-level relationships
* Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
Keywords: Engineering, Sales, Sales Engineer, Chemical Engineering, Sales and Chemicals, Engineering jobs, Sales, Sales Engineering jobs, Sales and technical, Account Manager
About Ecolab Every day, we make the world cleaner, safer and healthier ? protecting people and vital resources. Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. Around the world businesses in foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and oil and gas markets choose Ecolab products and services to keep their environment clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals. Our global workforce of over 44,000 employees is consistently delivering comprehensive solutions that meet the unique needs of our customers.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close