about 1 month ago
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
* Build and enhance our proven security platform
* Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
* Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
* Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation cybersecurity?and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales Engineering team in the New York Metro Region. As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for sharing customer requirements with Proofpoint's Marketing and Engineering teams to improve the products and meet market demands. You will be our customer's technical liaison and ensure that our products are positioned correctly to solve their business challenges.
In conjunction with assigned Sales Account Executives, you will be responsible for conducting in-person and remote product demonstrations, articulating the technical value of Proofpoint products, and ensuring successful Proof of Concepts to beat the competition and safeguard our customers against threats.
It's an exciting time to be at Proofpoint!
* Be the technical sales lead throughout the pre-sales cycle by owning and driving evaluations to success
* Technical pre-sales support for direct and channel sales teams
* Assist the sales teams to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies
* Develop relationships with the sales teams, partners and customers in support of Proofpoint sales objectives
* Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, designs, proof of concept and implementation
* Conduct research and use knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections
* Educate sales teams and partners on the product solutions
* Work alongside Threat researchers on client assessments
* Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
What you bring to the team
* 5+ years industry experience in sales engineering
* Technical background in messaging and internet security principles
* UNIX/Linux system administration experience
* A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work (HTTP, SMTP, etc.)
* Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
* Prior experience in selling software to Fortune 500 or other large companies
* Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
* Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to see and present "the Big Picture", uncover business challenges, and offer architect a solution to solve customer business issues
* Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy environment
* Ability to work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude
* BSCS/BSEE or equivalent
* Ability to travel 25-75%
* Experience in working in a remote office
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close