Senior Sales Engineer to conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical questions, contribute to RFP/RFI proposals, and analyze client needs to provide technical solutions in a pre-sales technical role. In additional to technical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current with trends in the traffic capture and APM monitoring space, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence.
- Provide pre-sales and initial post-sales support to customers and partners in the region
- Assist our clients Sales team as the technical subject matter expert on our clients technology
- Be able to discover and scope customer requirements and provide the optimal clients network architecture solutions using Microsoft Visio
-Able to deliver superb demos and technical pitches, highlighting key client features and benefits and influencing key decision makers in making a product decision.
- Be able to address the majority of customer technical questions concerning customization, integration, and general feature / functionality of VSS products.
- Providing technical input to facilitate the completion of RFI and RFP responses.
- Work in a collaborative team environment and knowing when to escalate within the client technical organization
- Perform on-site evaluations, troubleshooting and problem resolutions for pre-sales as well as post-sales situations
- Deliver training to customers and partners as well as on-site professional services support such as installations and configurations
- supporting our clients Marketing organization with relevant technical content for white papers and application notes
- Gathers competitive information and able to position our client successfully against the competition.
- Support field marketing events (trade shows, conferences) as a technical booth staff
- Provide technical leadership to entire SE team as appropriate (ex/ handle escalation questions, conduct training and presentations at quarterly kick off/training sessions).
- Provide timely and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales and Support teams regarding customer requirements, bugs and new feature requests
- Document and track all activity through Salesforce.com, including detailed activity reports including requirements, solution diagrams, test plans and opportunity progress status
- Prepare and perform effective follow-up customer communications as well sending of marketing and collateral materials to prospective customers
- 6-8 years of experience working as a sales engineer or application field engineer in the network monitoring, network security, routing/switching or test and measurement tools industry.
- Must be able to travel up to 50-70% in assigned region as well as travel to VSS HQ in Sunnyvale, CA up to 2-3 times a year for training and sales kickoff events
- Strong understanding of internetworking technologies in Ethernet ,TCP, UDP, OSI layers 1-7, LAN, MPLS, WAN, SNMP and IP protocols and header structures
- Previous experience and hands-on familiarity with network taps, aggregators, fiber optics and traffic generation tools like Spirent, IXIA and breaking point and advanced wireshark skills
- Familiarity with Application Performance and Network Security tools such as NetQos, NetScout, Network General, Compuware, Riverbed, FireEye, Sourcefire, McAfee, Niksun, BlueCoat and other similar products
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or relevant work experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to large groups and in a small lunch-n-learn setting
- Good Blend of technical knowledge as well as business issues involved in successfully closing business
- Industry certifications like CISSP, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, is a desired plus
- Self motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Candidate needs to be located in California area.