3 months ago
Responsible for gathering relevant, factual information and data in order to solve quality related problems. Resolve issues by identifying and applying solutions from acquired technical experience and guided precedents. Plan and lead projects by identifying and organizing activities into time dependent sequencing with realistic timelines. Work effectively/ productively with all departments by developing a team atmosphere. Coordinates and manages all field action activities, including but not limited to notifications to the sales force and regulatory agencies. Interacts with many different functional departments, suppliers, and experts outside Zimmer Biomet to implement Zimmer Biomet Quality goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Formulates procedures, specifications, and standards for Zimmer Biomet products and processes.
* Provides leadership for product issue investigations from initiation, risk evaluation, result reporting, and closure.
* Develops and implements corrective/preventative action plans
* Collects and analyzes data for evaluation of product issues
* Identifies critical personnel, gauges, procedures, and materials needed for the completion of new products.
* Coordinate all field action decisions, communications, reconciliations, follow-up activities, and closure.
Total Percent (not to exceed 100%)
* Individual percents should be greater than or equal to 5%.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
Expected Areas of Competence
* Ability to work within a team environment and build relationships outside of the department as well as outside the company (suppliers, regulatory agencies, etc.).
* Facilitates team efforts on quality engineering projects.
* Ability to deliver, meet deadlines and have results orientation.
* Strong communication skills both orally and in written form to multiple levels of the company.
* Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, understanding of QSR/ISO regulations, design assurance, FMEA, and product testing methods, and are able to use optical comparators and CMMs.
* B.S. in engineering or an alternative Bachelor's degree program with certification as a quality engineer (e.g. CQE).
* Certification as a quality engineer (e.g. CQE) or the Reliability Engineer Certification (CRE) granted through the American Society of Quality (ASQ) preferred
* Minimum 3 ? 5 years experience in a Quality Engineering role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Combination of education and experience may be considered (in evaluating experience relative to requirements)
* Up to 20%
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close