Senior Network Engineer - F5
*Can be located in Chicago, IL; Charlotte, NC or Irving, TX*
The Network Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, building, testing, deploying, analysing, administering, and maintaining the enterprise network environments, including hardware and software components, to meet current and future business needs. This includes monitoring and controlling the performance and status of enterprise network environment technology components, and providing technology component support and problem resolution.
The successful candidate will need advanced knowledge with utilizing proven systems, Scripting, and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, incident and problem resolution. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan, and will be responsible for the delivery of a multi-year life cycle plan.
- Manage one or more of the following activities (concerning new or existing network hardware and software technology components or enhancements to existing components): research, analysis, selection, planning, and engineering.
- Manage collaboration with other Engineers, IT Architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that modified network hardware and software technology components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, production environments are developed and maintained and other areas of impact are addressed and meet business functional and performance requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze, plan, coordinate, and execute network life cycle projects.
- Execute Cloud Service integration, load balancing, automation and Scripting.
- Plan, manage, and execute complex network system changes in support of customer requests (Request Center, Deployment).
- Represent network teams in project Design Review Meetings to clarify project requirements, design solutions in accordance with standards, create CRE estimates, document, and lead solution in coordination with project manager and other assigned resources.
- Manage efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document network hardware and software technology components.
- Manage efforts to implement network hardware and software technology components by analysing the current environment using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software.
3+ years in the Networking field with a strong background in the following skills:
- MUST HAVE DNS protocol expertise, within an TCP/IP stack comprehensive knowledge, inclusive of functionality, integration and association within major operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux) and network products (Cisco Routers and Switches, F5 APM, GTM and LTMs, etc)
- F5 Knowledge is a MUST
- Cloud Service integration, load balancing, automation and Scripting
- Technical Leader of a team in an enterprise level environment
- CCNP certification at minimum
- Management and Administration of E-Health, Gigastor, Anue, NetQoS or similar Network Management technology.
- Expert level knowledge in all the support tools required to support such environments, eg dig, host, nslookup, tcpdump, wireshark.
- Ability to manage circuit bandwidth
- Scripting ability with Python, Perl or other Scripting languages, for the purpose of automation and highly scalable modifications in large environments
- Experience with SNMP and integrating Network infrastructure into network management systems
Preferred - ability to provide support in other areas of network infrastructure:
- Experience managing a Cisco routing and switching environment
- Experience in Cisco Wireless controllers functionality and deployment
- Experience leading teams of engineers as SME in the specific area of expertise